All listings for this product
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $61.30Trending at AU $73.48
- AU $82.00Trending at AU $99.31
- AU $36.78Trending at AU $38.13
- AU $50.16Trending at AU $55.65
- AU $33.33Trending at AU $36.24
- AU $20.18Trending at AU $24.49
- AU $23.12Trending at AU $33.89
About this product
- DescriptionThe most comprehensive source for the latest research and practice techniques for diagsing and treating addictive disorders This book brings together an array of international experts on addictive disorders. Robert Coombs's Handbook of Addictive Disorders discusses the contemporary issues surrounding the understanding of addiction, from diagsis to treatment of an addicted client. The Handbook of Addictive Disorders is an example of practical and clinical information at its best. -Lorraine D. Grymala, Executive DirectorAmerican Academy of Health Care Providers in the Addictive Disorders The Handbook of Addictive Disorders: A Practical Guide to Diagsis and Treatment is a comprehensive, state-of-the-art resource, featuring valuable contributions from a multidisciplinary team of leading experts. This unique guide deftly defines addiction and examines its comorbidity with other problems. Subsequent chapters present an overview of addictive disorders coupled with strategies for accurately diagsing them, planning effective treatment, and selecting appropriate interventions. Chapters on public policy and prevention are of indispensable value in light of this growing health concern. The only reference available to cover the full spectrum of addictions and addictive behaviors, the Handbook of Addictive Disorders provides the most current research and treatment strategies for overcoming: * Chemical dependency * Workaholism * Compulsive gambling * Eating disorders * Sex addiction * Compulsive buyingThis useful guide features case studies, figures and diagrams, lists of practical interventions for each disorder, and self-assessment exercises for clients. Psychologists, addiction counselors, social workers, and others working in the addictions field will find the Handbook of Addictive Disorders to be an essential resource for practical, validated information on all types of addictions and their related problems.
- Author BiographyRobert Holman Coombs, PhD, CAS, is Professor of Biobehavioral Sciences at the UCLA School of Medicine. He is a Fellow of the American Association for the Advancement of Science, the American Psychological Society, and the American Association of Applied and Preventive Psychology. A member of the International Certification Advisory Committee of the American Academy of Healthcare Providers in the Addictive Disorders, he is the author or editor of eighteen books. He also serves as a series editor for Wiley's Treating Addictions series.
- PublisherJohn Wiley and Sons Ltd
- Date of Publication25/05/2004
- SubjectClinical Medicine: Professional
- Place of PublicationNew York
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintJohn Wiley & Sons Inc
- Content NoteIllustrations
- Weight1209 g
- Width181 mm
- Height253 mm
- Spine36 mm
- Edited byRobert Holman Coombs
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.