All listings for this product
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $33.15Trending at AU $35.14
- AU $30.28Trending at AU $34.60
- AU $8.59Trending at AU $14.01
- AU $21.17Trending at AU $25.58
- AU $72.88Trending at AU $77.86
- AU $20.74Trending at AU $23.42
- AU $91.99Trending at AU $100.05
About this product
- DescriptionThe first comprehensive research handbook of its kind, this volume showcases invative approaches to understanding adolescent literacy learning in a variety of settings. Distinguished contributors examine how well adolescents are served by current instructional practices and highlight ways to translate research findings more effectively into sound teaching and policymaking. The book explores social and cultural factors in adolescents' approach to communication and response to instruction, and sections address literacy both in and out of schools, including literacy expectations in the contemporary workplace. Detailed attention is given to issues of diversity and individual differences among learners. Winner--Literacy Research Association's Fry Book Award!
- Author BiographyLeila Christenbury, EdD, is Commonwealth Professor of English Education at Virginia Commonwealth University (VCU). The author or coauthor of 12 books, she is a frequent speaker on issues of English teaching and learning and has been cited extensively in the national media. Dr. Christenbury has been honored with the David H. Russell Award and the CEE James N. Britton Award from the National Council of Teachers of English (NCTE). Additionally, she is a recipient of the Edward B. Fry Book Award from the National Reading Conference for the Handbook of Adolescent Literacy Research. She is a former editor of English Journal, a past president of NCTE, and past interim dean of the VCU School of Education. Randy Bomer, PhD, teaches in the Language and Literacy Studies Program in the College of Education at the University of Texas at Austin, where he also directs the Heart of Texas Writing Project. Formerly a middle and high school teacher, he has consulted with urban school districts across the United States. The author of two books and many journal articles, Dr. Bomer is a past president of NCTE. Peter Smagorinsky, PhD, teaches in the Department of Language and Literacy Education at the University of Georgia. He currently chairs the NCTE Research Forum. Dr. Smagorinsky has received honors including the Raymond B. Cattell Early Career Award for Programmatic Research from the American Educational Research Association, the Janet Emig Award from NCTE's Conference on English Education, and the Distinguished Research in Teacher Education Award from the Association of Teacher Educators. He has published 14 books and numerous journal articles.
- PublisherGuilford Publications
- Date of Publication15/08/2010
- SubjectEducation & Teaching
- Place of PublicationNew York
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintGuilford Publications
- Content NoteIllustrations
- Weight768 g
- Width174 mm
- Height246 mm
- Spine22 mm
- Edited byLeila Christenbury,Peter Smagorinsky,Randy Bomer
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.