All listings for this product
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $103.88Trending at AU $107.88
- AU $68.00Trending at AU $80.61
- AU $166.94Trending at AU $169.05
- AU $98.79Trending at AU $107.96
- AU $104.89Trending at AU $106.36
- AU $49.80Trending at AU $52.07
- AU $78.00Trending at AU $88.81
About this product
- DescriptionRonald T. Potter-Efron consciously connects anger management and domestic violence, two long separated fields, and addresses treatment options and intervention methods that meet the needs of individual clients, couples, families, and groups. Therapists, counselors, social workers, and other treatment specialists will find this book a useful overview and reference for anger and anger management techniques as well as domestic violence approaches. This new edition is split into four distinct sections: * A description of anger and domestic violence focused upon helping clients use the principles of neuroplasticity to dramatically alter their behavior * Assessment for anger problems and/or domestic violence * Group treatment for individuals with anger problems and/or domestic violence * Individual, couples, and family treatment of these concerns. Woven through this book is a fair and balanced treatment of gender issues, reflected in the diversity of case examples that address jealousy, chronic anger, behavioral problems, group and individual counseling, and more. Readers are also shown how anger develops and can lead to verbal and physical outbursts, the five types of rage reactions, and how to treat anger turned inward. Potter-Efron also details four different approaches to treating anger: behavioral, cognitive, affective, and existential/spiritual. Mental health professionals are provided numerous questionnaires and worksheets to utilize with their clients. Handbook of Anger Management and Domestic Violence Offender Treatment is an essential guidebook that illustrates effective theory and practice.
- Author BiographyRonald T. Potter-Efron, MSW, PhD, is Director of the Anger Management and Domestic Violence Center at First Things First Counseling in Eau Claire, Wisconsin. He is author of over fifteen books on anger management and related topics. His books for the general public include Angry All the Time (2005) and Healing the Angry Brain (2012).
- Author(s)Ronald T. Potter-Efron
- PublisherTaylor & Francis Ltd
- Date of Publication17/02/2015
- SubjectPsychiatry & Clinical Psychology: Professional
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- Content Note20 black & white tables, 9 black & white line drawings
- Weight385 g
- Width152 mm
- Height229 mm
- Spine15 mm
- Edition Statement2nd Revised edition
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.