All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionEffectively implement comprehensive anti-money laundering regulations Handbook of Anti-Money Laundering details the most up-to-date regulations and provides practical guidance toward implementation. While most books focus on the regulations themselves, this useful guide goes further by explaining their meaning to bank operations, and how the rules apply to real-life scenarios. The international perspective provides a broader understanding of the anti-money laundering controls that are in place worldwide, with certain country-specific details discussed in-depth. Coverage includes the Wolfsberg Principles, Financial Action Task Force guidance, the U.S. Patriot Act, and the latest from both the EU and Bank for International Settlements. The IMF estimates that two to five per cent of the global GDP - $590 billion to $1.5 trillion - is laundered every year. Globally, banks and other financial institutions have been required to put in place specific arrangements to prevent and detect money laundering and the criminal activity that underlies it. This book provides the latest regulations and guidance toward application. * Understand what money laundering regulations mean in practice * Reference international and country-specific rules and regulations * Get up to speed on the most current regulations and practices * Implement the most effective anti-money laundering measures In response to the increased monitoring and regulation, money launderers have become more sophisticated at disguising the source of their funds. Financial institutions' employees must be ever more aware of what they're facing, and how to deal with it, making actionable guidance a critical companion to any regulatory information. For financial institutions seeking more thorough understanding and practical advice, the Handbook of Anti-Money Laundering is a comprehensive guide.
- Author BiographyDENNIS COX is CEO of Risk Reward Limited, a strategy and risk consultancy for the financial services industry, and he serves as a director for a number of other companies. He is a leading specialist in financial services risk management and has held senior management positions at top banking and accountancy firms, including HSBC and Prudential. Dennis has authored several publications, including An Introduction to Money Laundering Deterrence and Frontiers of Risk Management.
- Author(s)Dennis Cox
- PublisherJohn Wiley and Sons Ltd
- Date of Publication05/04/2013
- SubjectFinance & Accounting
- Place of PublicationChichester
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintJohn Wiley & Sons Ltd
- Weight1416 g
- Width170 mm
- Height251 mm
- Spine45 mm
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $47.34Trending at AU $49.62
- AU $77.99Trending at AU $116.74
- AU $28.60Trending at AU $31.14
- AU $70.29Trending at AU $77.45
- AU $74.01Trending at AU $76.83
- AU $35.46Trending at AU $39.18
- AU $26.74Trending at AU $37.70
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.