All listings for this product
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $13.75Trending at AU $17.77
- AU $69.53Trending at AU $85.78
- AU $56.99Trending at AU $71.10
- AU $35.12Trending at AU $54.44
- AU $17.60Trending at AU $22.00
- AU $35.62Trending at AU $37.37
- AU $49.76Trending at AU $53.75
About this product
- DescriptionSynergizing herbal medicine with clinical science, this two-volume guide combines the medicinal applications of a comprehensive range of herbs from traditional Chinese medicine with modern day scientific information. In a rapid access, A-Z format, this ready reference contains more than 300 chemical structures of active ingredients, supported by chemical, pharmacological and toxicological data, and backed by some 8,000 literature citations. With its listing of the complete Materia Medica of plant origin from the Chinese Pharmacopoeia, this work is highly relevant to experimental practitioners in the medicinal and pharmaceutical fields and the only one to provide such a wealth of chemical data.
- Author BiographyGerhard Eisenbrand studied Pharmacy and Food Chemistry at the University of Freiburg, Germany and gained his PhD from the Max-Planck-Institute for Immunobiology, also in Freiburg. After a research position/ period at the German Cancer Research Center, he completed his habilitation at the University of Stuttgart, Germany, in the field of Toxicology and Food Chemistry. Since 1982 he has held a professorship for Toxicology and Food Chemistry at the Technical University of Kaiserslautern, Germany.
- Author(s)Gerhard Eisenbrand,Weici Tang
- PublisherWiley-VCH Verlag GmbH
- Date of Publication27/10/2010
- SubjectMedicine: General
- Place of PublicationWeinheim
- Country of PublicationGermany
- ImprintWiley-VCH Verlag GmbH
- Content NoteIllustrations
- Weight2774 g
- Width186 mm
- Height248 mm
- Spine67 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.