All listings for this product
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $37.95Trending at AU $73.98
- AU $74.90Trending at AU $85.37
- AU $68.00Trending at AU $72.79
- AU $92.88Trending at AU $103.13
- AU $74.00Trending at AU $85.04
- AU $41.64Trending at AU $44.80
- AU $46.34Trending at AU $48.02
About this product
- DescriptionThis book provides anaesthetists, intensivists and other critical care staff with a comprehensive resource that offers ways of improving communication in everyday clinical practice, and provides practical communication tools that can be used in difficult or unfamiliar circumstances. It demonstrates how communication can be structured to improve patient care and safety with numerous practical examples and vignettes illustrating how the concepts discussed can be integrated into clinical practice, and presents ideas in a way that enhances clinical interactions with patients and colleagues and facilitate the teaching of trainees. Edited by practising anaesthetists with particular expertise in teaching communication, and with contributions from expert clinicians based in North America, Europe and Australasia, this book will stimulate and complement the development of comprehensive resources for communication skills teaching in anaesthesia and other related professional groups.
- Author BiographyDr Smith is consultant anaesthetist and Director of the Patient Safety Research Unit, Royal Lancaster Infirmary. He has a longstanding interest in the quality and safety of anaesthetic care and anaesthesia education.
- PublisherOxford University Press
- Date of Publication11/11/2010
- SubjectClinical Medicine: Professional
- Place of PublicationOxford
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintOxford University Press
- Content Note4 black-and-white line drawings, numerous tables and boxes
- Weight438 g
- Width157 mm
- Height234 mm
- Spine17 mm
- Edited byAllan M. Cyna,Andrew F. Smith,Marion I. Andrew,Suyin G. M. Tan
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.