All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionA corporate performance management system can transform your business - but only if it is designed and implemented in the right way. this book will provide you with the tools and approaches to help translate your strategy into action and make you aware of the pitfalls to be avoided. The Handbook of Corporate Performance Management takes a practical approach, offering guidance on what works, tools to use, and how leadership makes an essential contribution to success. THE BOOK IS BROADLY DIVIDED INTO FOUR SECTIONS : Section One Provides the essential toolkit for setting up and implementing a corporate performance management system. It covers the processes and approaches you need to make it work. Section two explains how you can use performance management to manage your business from tracking performance through the management review process to checking whether your strategy is still appropriate. Section three provides guidance for measuring specific key areas; financial performance, staff performance, customers, processes, competence and resource development, and sustainability. Section four is about bringing it all together. Case studies of individuals from widely differing organisations, who have all delivered great results, illustrate the importance of good leadership in creating a culture of high performance. The Handbook of Corporate Performance Management is the essential guide to using performance measurement and management to get the best out of your business.
- Author BiographyMike Bourne is Professor of Business Performance and Director of the Centre for Business Performance at Cranfield University's School of Management. Before joining academia, Mike spent 15 years in business, with roles in production management, strategy and acquisitions, HR, and general management. He gained his PhD from the University of Cambridge. His current research focuses on corporate performance measurement and management and he has spent the last fifteen years working with companies supporting senior management teams through the process of designing, implementing and using performance management techniques. he has worked with, and been consulted by, a number of organizations including Accenture, Amadeus, BAe Systems, DB Schenker, European central Bank, Lloyds SB, McCormick Europe, NHBC, Oki Europe, PWC, Schering, Thales, tube Lines and Unilever. He has authored over 100 publications and speaks international on the theme of business performance. Pippa Bourne is regional Director for ICAEW, the membership organisation supporting Chartered Accountants around the world. She has an MBA and is a chartered marketer and has experience in marketing and general management roles. In her early business career she held marketing roles in research and analysis. Following this she ran a number of successful profit centres within a university and professional bodies. she used the Balanced Scorecard to enable a culture change within one of these organisations, refocusing the business and improving performance. She is the co-author of Balanced Scorecard - Instant Manager, Balanced Scorecard in a Week, Achieving High Performance, Motivating People and change Management in a Week , and was an editor of the journal Measuring Business Excellence .
- Author(s)Mike Bourne,Pippa Bourne
- PublisherJohn Wiley and Sons Ltd
- Date of Publication30/09/2011
- SubjectManagement Techniques: Professional
- Place of PublicationChichester
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintJohn Wiley & Sons Ltd
- Content NoteIllustrations
- Weight648 g
- Width174 mm
- Height250 mm
- Spine21 mm
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $35.79Trending at AU $43.61
- AU $9.20Trending at AU $15.85
- AU $18.22Trending at AU $21.79
- AU $30.28Trending at AU $34.13
- AU $43.40Trending at AU $47.84
- AU $24.18Trending at AU $36.64
- AU $43.28Trending at AU $48.72
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.