All listings for this product
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $46.25Trending at AU $49.65
- AU $3.73Trending at AU $7.41
- AU $27.04Trending at AU $31.16
- AU $70.90Trending at AU $78.37
- AU $32.98Trending at AU $40.00
- AU $20.50Trending at AU $24.20
- AU $22.60Trending at AU $23.15
About this product
- DescriptionMany factors in the world today, such as globalization and a rise in immigration, are increasing the need for mental health practitioners to acquire the ability to interact effectively with people of different cultures. This text will be the most comprehensive volume to address this need to date, exploring the history, philosophy, processes, and trends in counseling and psychotherapy in countries from all regions of the globe. Organized by continent and country, each chapter is written by esteemed scholars drawing on intimate kwledge of their homelands. They explore such topics as their countries' demographics, counselor education programs, current counseling theories and trends, and significant traditional and indigeus treatment and healing methods. This consistent structure facilitates quick and easy comparisons and contrasts across cultures, offering an enhanced understanding of diversity and multicultural competencies. Overall, this text is an invaluable resource for practitioners, researchers, students, and faculty, showing them how to look beyond their own borders and cultures to enhance their counseling practices.
- Author BiographyRoy Moodley, PhD, is Associate Professor of Counseling Psychology at the University of Toronto, Canada. Uwe P. Gielen, PhD, is Executive Director of the Institute for International and Cross-Cultural Psychology at St. Francis College, New York. Rosa Wu is a PhD candidate in Counseling Psychology at the University of Toronto, Canada.
- PublisherTaylor & Francis Ltd
- Date of Publication01/04/2011
- SubjectPsychiatry & Clinical Psychology: Professional
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- Weight816 g
- Width178 mm
- Height254 mm
- Spine25 mm
- Edited byRosa Wu,Roy Moodley,Uwe P. Gielen
- Format DetailsB-format paperback
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.