All listings for this product
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $9.86Trending at AU $16.88
- AU $5.99Trending at AU $8.24
- AU $11.51Trending at AU $18.83
- AU $24.83Trending at AU $25.29
- AU $67.69Trending at AU $74.89
- AU $31.51Trending at AU $36.97
- AU $44.06Trending at AU $47.12
About this product
- DescriptionThis handbook synthesizes both contemporary research and best practices in early childhood teacher education, a unique segment of teacher education defined by its focus on child development, the role of the family, and support for all learners. The first volume of its kind, the Handbook of Early Childhood Teacher Education provides comprehensive coverage on key topics in the field, including the history of early childhood teacher education programs, models for preparing early childhood educators, pedagogical approaches to supporting diverse learners, and contemporary influences on this quickly expanding area of study. Appropriate for early childhood teacher educators as well as both pre- and in-service teachers working with children from birth through 8, this handbook articulates the unique features of early childhood teacher education, highlighting the strengths and limitations of current practice as based in empirical research. It concludes by charting future directions for research with an aim to improve the preparation of early childhood educators.
- Author BiographyLeslie J. Couse is Associate Professor of Education at the University of New Hampshire, USA, and Adjunct Assistant Professor of Pediatrics at the Geisel School of Medicine at Dartmouth College, USA. Susan L. Recchia is Professor of Education, Co-coordinator of the Program in Integrated Early Childhood Education, and Faculty Director of the Rita Gold Early Childhood Center at Teachers College, Columbia University, USA.
- PublisherTaylor & Francis Ltd
- Date of Publication06/08/2015
- SubjectEducation & Teaching
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintTaylor & Francis Ltd
- Content Note11 black & white tables, 6 black & white line drawings
- Weight774 g
- Width178 mm
- Height254 mm
- Spine25 mm
- Edited byLeslie J. Couse,Susan L. Recchia
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.