All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionBuilding crucial bridges between theory, research, and practice, this volume brings together leading authorities on the literacy development of young children. The Handbook examines the full range of factors that shape learning in and out of the classroom, from basic developmental processes to family and sociocultural contexts, pedagogical strategies, curricula, and policy issues. Highlights of Volume 3 include cutting-edge perspectives on English language learning; invative ways to support print kwledge, phological awareness, and other code-related skills; and exemplary approaches to early intervention and teacher professional development.
- Author BiographySusan B. Neuman, EdD, is Professor in Educational Studies at the University of Michigan. A former U.S. Assistant Secretary for Elementary and Secondary Education, Dr. Neuman established the Early Reading First program, developed the Early Childhood Educator Professional Development Program, and was responsible for all activities in Title I of the Elementary and Secondary Education Act. Her research and teaching interests include early literacy development, early childhood policy, curriculum, and early reading instruction. She has published over 100 articles and 11 books. David K. Dickinson, EdD, is Professor and Chair of the Department of Teaching and Learning at Vanderbilt University's Peabody College of Education and Human Development. His major research interests include the role of language in literacy, the contributions of homes and preschools to language and literacy development, professional development interventions, and challenges associated with enhancing program quality. He has published numerous articles and books and is coauthor of a preschool curriculum, Opening the World of Learning.
- PublisherGuilford Publications
- Date of Publication22/11/2011
- SubjectEducation & Teaching
- Place of PublicationNew York
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintGuilford Publications
- Content Noteblack & white tables, figures
- Weight836 g
- Width178 mm
- Height254 mm
- Spine30 mm
- Edited byDavid K. Dickinson,Susan Neuman
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $24.61Trending at AU $33.16
- AU $17.87Trending at AU $22.31
- AU $43.47Trending at AU $44.49
- AU $25.92Trending at AU $34.15
- AU $70.00Trending at AU $73.39
- AU $36.24Trending at AU $40.09
- AU $71.88Trending at AU $76.66
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.