All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionOffering lucid interpretation of data showing what works, what doesn't and what needs further study, this book probes the criminal justice system, the history of drug treatment for offenders, and the practical problems of program design and implementation.
- Author BiographyCarl Leukefeld is Professor and Chair of the Department of Behavioral Science and founding Director of the Center on Drug and Alcohol Research at the University of Kentucky. He is also the Bell Alcohol and Addictions Endowed Chair. He came to the University of Kentucky in 1990 to establish the Center on Drug and Alcohol Research from the National Institute on Drug Abuse (NIDA) where he filled administrative and research positions. He was also the Chief Health Services Officer of the United States Public Health Service. Dr. Leukefeld has published over 200 articles, chapters, books and monographs. He has taught the undergraduate Alcohol and Problem Drinking Course, the Dependency Behavior graduate course, and the Introduction to Clinical Medicine course for medical students. He currently is a reviewer and consulting editor for five journals, grant reviewer, and has been a member of the NIH Community-Level Health Promotion Study Section and the NIH/NIDA Health Services Initial Review Group. His research interests include treatment interventions, HIV prevention, criminal justice sanctions, and health services. Thomas P. Gullotta is C.E.O. of Child and Family Agency and a member of the psychology and education departments at Eastern Connecticut State University. He is the senior author of the 4th edition of The Adolescent Experience, co-editor of The Encyclopedia of Primary Prevention and Health Promotion, and editor emeritus of the Journal of Primary Prevention. He is the senior book series editor for Issues in Children's and Families' Lives. Tom holds editorial appointments on the Journal of Early Adolescence, The Journal of Adolescent Research and the Journal of Educational and Psychological Consultation. He has published extensively on adolescents and primary prevention. Tom was honored in 1999 by the Society for Community Research and Action, Division 27 of the American Psychological Association with their Distinguished Contributions to Practice in Community Psychology Award. John Gregrich is retired from the Office of National Drug Control Policy (ONDCP) where he served as Chief of the Treatment Branch in the Office of Demand Reduction. From this position he had oversight over, and developed interagency working groups involving, agencies from the Departments of Health and Human Services, Justice, and Education. He annually drafted sections of the National Drug Control Strategy, and developed white papers addressing needle exchange, drug dependent offenders, and drug treatment principles. He developed and oversaw a major Institute of Medicine study of marijuana and a national conference on drug dependent offenders; and served on review panels for, and occasionally contributed to publications of, the National Institute of Justice, the National Institute on Drug Abuse, the Center for Substance Abuse Treatment, and the Institute of Medicine. He achieved parity for drug treatment in federal employee health benefit plans and initiated efforts to establish linkages between primary healthcare providers and drug treatment and prevention programs. John came to ONDCP from the Department of Justice, where he developed, documented, and conducted national demonstrations of the Treatment Alternatives to Street Crime, Drug Abuse Resistance Education, Juror Utilization and Management, and Victim/Witness programs.
- PublisherSpringer-Verlag New York Inc.
- Date of Publication28/08/2011
- SubjectPsychiatry & Clinical Psychology: Professional
- Series TitleIssues in Children's and Families' Lives
- Series Part/Volume Number11
- Place of PublicationNew York, NY
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintSpringer-Verlag New York Inc.
- Content Notebiography
- Weight840 g
- Width178 mm
- Height254 mm
- Spine20 mm
- Edited byCarl G. Leukefeld,John Gregrich,Thomas P. Gullotta
- Format DetailsLaminated cover
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $115.99Trending at AU $139.68
- AU $62.03Trending at AU $73.00
- AU $68.62Trending at AU $90.31
- AU $32.92Trending at AU $34.88
- AU $37.74Trending at AU $39.42
- AU $17.49Trending at AU $19.81
- AU $16.92Trending at AU $22.15
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.