All listings for this product
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $94.99Trending at AU $106.80
- AU $68.00Trending at AU $81.51
- AU $104.90Trending at AU $118.13
- AU $98.79Trending at AU $108.21
- AU $99.99Trending at AU $107.74
- AU $92.78Trending at AU $106.06
- AU $78.00Trending at AU $87.61
About this product
- DescriptionFood manufacturing has evolved over the centuries from kitchen industries to modern, sophisticated production operations. A typical food factory includes the food processing and packaging lines, the buildings and exterior landscaping, and the utility-supply and waste-treatment facilities. As a single individual is unlikely to possess all the necessary skills required to facilitate the design, the task will undoubtedly be undertaken by an interdisciplinary team employing a holistic approach based on a kwledge of the natural and biological sciences, most engineering disciplines, and relevant legislation. In addition, every successful project requires a competent project manager to ensure that all tasks are completed on time and within budget. This Handbook attempts to compress comprehensive, up-to-date coverage of these areas into a single volume. It is hoped that it will prove to be of value across the food-manufacturing community. The multi-disciplinary nature of the subject matter should facilitate more informed communication between individual specialists on the team. It should also provide useful background information on food factory design for a wider range of professionals with a more peripheral interest in the subject: for example, process plant suppliers, contractors, HSE specialists, retailers, consultants, and financial institutions. Finally, it is hoped that it will also prove to be a valuable reference for students and instructors in the areas of food techlogy, chemical engineering, and mechanical engineering, in particular.
- Author BiographyChristopher G. J. Baker is a Chartered Chemical Engineer whose interests range from food process design to industrial drying. He worked in the UK food industry for several years before moving to the Middle East, where he was Professor of Chemical Engineering at Kuwait University. He recently returned to the UK and is currently involved in a number of consultancy assignments.
- PublisherSpringer-Verlag New York Inc.
- Date of Publication27/08/2013
- SubjectIndustrial Chemistry & Manufacturing
- Place of PublicationNew York, NY
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintSpringer-Verlag New York Inc.
- Content Note115 black & white illustrations, 18 colour illustrations, 87 black & white tables, biography
- Weight1146 g
- Width178 mm
- Height254 mm
- Spine33 mm
- Edited byChristopher G. J. Baker
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.