Handbook of Frozen Food Processing and Packaging by Taylor & Francis Inc (Hardback, 2011)
Brand newLOWEST PRICE
- AU $369.36+ AU $7.50 postage
- Brand new condition
- Sold by roxy*books
- See details for delivery est.
- AU $259.95+ AU $12.95 postage
- Very good condition
- Sold by ausreseller
- See details for delivery est.
All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionConsumer demand for a year-round supply of seasonal produce and ready-made meals remains the driving force behind invation in frozen food techlogy. Now in its second edition, Handbook of Frozen Food Processing and Packaging explores the art and science of frozen foods and assembles essential data and references relied upon by scientists in universities and research institutions. Highlights in the Second Edition include: * Original chapters revised and updated with the latest developments * New section on Emerging Techlogies in Food Freezing, with chapters on ultrasound accelerated freezing, high-pressure shift freezing, electrostatic field-assisted food freezing, and antifreeze proteins * New section on Trends in Frozen Food Packaging, with chapters on active packaging, intelligent packaging, vacuum packaging, and edible coatings and films and their applications on frozen foods This volume continues the tradition of the benchmark first edition, capturing the latest developments on the cutting edge of frozen food science. In addition to updated coverage of quality and safety issues and monitoring and measuring techniques, it highlights emerging techlogies and trends, all in the format that made the previous edition so popular. It offers the tools needed to develop new and better products, keeping up with consumer demand for safe and convenient frozen foods.
- Author BiographyDa-Wen Sun is a leading educator in food engineering and a Professor of Food and Biosystems Engineering and the Director of the Food Refrigeration and Computerised Food Technology Research Group at University College Dublin (UCD). His main research activities include cooling, drying, and refrigeration processes and systems; quality and safety of food products; bioprocess simulation and optimization; and computer vision technology. His innovative studies on vacuum cooling of cooked meats, pizza quality inspection by computer vision, and edible films for shelf life extension of fruit and vegetables have been widely reported in national and international media.
- PublisherTaylor & Francis Inc
- Date of Publication14/10/2011
- SubjectIndustrial Chemistry & Manufacturing
- Series TitleContemporary Food Engineering
- Series Part/Volume Number18
- Place of PublicationBosa Roca
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintCRC Press Inc
- Content Note268 black & white illustrations, 105 black & white tables
- Weight1723 g
- Width178 mm
- Height254 mm
- Spine46 mm
- Edited byDa-Wen Sun
- Format DetailsUnsewn / adhesive bound
- Edition Statement2nd Revised edition
Save on Textbooks
- AU $17.87Trending at AU $22.34
- AU $43.34Trending at AU $45.02
- AU $34.88Trending at AU $37.57
- AU $25.64Trending at AU $34.55
- AU $36.24Trending at AU $40.68
- AU $71.88Trending at AU $80.34
- AU $48.62Trending at AU $54.02
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.