All listings for this product
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $28.70Trending at AU $30.82
- AU $52.98Trending at AU $78.83
- AU $44.50Trending at AU $52.90
- AU $26.88Trending at AU $29.35
- AU $44.27Trending at AU $52.87
- AU $36.48Trending at AU $41.21
- AU $36.16Trending at AU $37.52
About this product
- DescriptionGeophysics influences a wide range of subjects, from environmental studies to archaeology, palaeontology to counter-terrorism and law enforcement. 'Handbook of Geophysics and Archaeology' offers a comprehensive overview of geophysical techniques. The handbook focuses on applications and issues in archaeology but also provides a broad overview of the basics of geophysics. The Handbook examines a wide range of techniques: techniques associated with gravity, magnetometry, waves, electromagnetic induction, ground penetrating radar, geotomography, and electrical resistivity tomography. Each technique is explored in depth, with detailed case studies illustrating both technical applications and interpretations of data. The Handbook highlights the diverse range of geophysical methods required in the study of the Earth's subsurface.
- Author BiographyAlan J. Witten, who died in 2005, was a professor of geophysics at the University of Oklahoma. He specialized in the development of techniques for imaging the shallow underground and worked at sites of archaeological, historical, and political interest and was featured in a number of television documentaries.
- Author(s)Alan Joel Witten
- PublisherTaylor & Francis Ltd
- Date of Publication01/10/2004
- Place of PublicationSheffield
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintEquinox Publishing Ltd
- Content Note324 black & white line drawings, 3 colour plates
- Weight793 g
- Width156 mm
- Height234 mm
- Spine25 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.