All listings for this product
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $68.00Trending at AU $81.40
- AU $166.95Trending at AU $170.82
- AU $105.90Trending at AU $118.00
- AU $98.79Trending at AU $109.01
- AU $104.89Trending at AU $107.40
- AU $49.76Trending at AU $52.58
- AU $92.78Trending at AU $105.95
About this product
- DescriptionOncology has developed as a subspecialty of medicine with unique and often complex clinical problems. This handbook ofhematologic and oncologic emer- gencies provides a compact, concise, yet comprehensive guide to the manage- ment of a variety of difficult clinical situations. The authors of the various chapters are all clinicians with experience in the management of these difficult patients. Their efforts provide insight and a ready source of practical infor- mation which lends itself to use in the clinic and in the inpatient ward. The authors sincerely hope that this handbook will be of service to house officers and fellows alike, as they develop skills in the management of the emergent problems of patients with hematologic and other neoplasms. Janice P. Dutcher Peter H. Wiernik Bronx, New York ,;; Contents 1. Syndrome of Inappropriate Antidiuretic Hormone Secretion and Hyponatremia ...000 ...Stuart L. Marcus, M.D., Ph.D., and Joachim Z. Fuks, M.D. 1. Introduction ...1 2. Mechanisms ...3 3. Etiology ...3 4. Diagsis ...5 5. Treatment ...6 References ...8 2. Acute Tumor Lysis Syndrome: Prevention and Management . . 9 Stuart L. Marcus, M.D., Ph.D., and Avi I. Einz;ig, M.D. 1. Introduction ...9 2. Risk Factors for the Development of Azotemia in Acute Tumor Lysis Syndrome...10 3. Metabolic Abrmalities That Occur during Acute Tumor Lysis Syndrome ...11 ...4. Prevention of Acute Tumor Lysis Syndrome: Management prior to Beginning Chemotherapy ...13 ...5. Posttreatment Management: Indications for Dialysis ...14 . . References ...15 ...
- PublisherSpringer-Verlag New York Inc.
- Date of Publication01/07/2013
- SubjectClinical Medicine: Professional
- Place of PublicationNew York
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintSpringer-Verlag New York Inc.
- Content Notebiography
- Weight527 g
- Width156 mm
- Height234 mm
- Spine19 mm
- Edited byJ. P. Dutcher,P. H. Wiernik
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US)
- Edition StatementSoftcover reprint of the original 1st ed. 1987
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.