All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionWhat new theories, evidence, explanations, and policies have shaped our studies of income distribution in the 21st century? Editors Tony Atkinson and Francois Bourguign assemble the expertise of leading authorities in this survey of substantive issues. In two volumes they address subjects that were t covered in Volume 1 (2000), such as education, health and experimental ecomics; and subjects that were covered but where there have been substantial new developments, such as the historical study of income inequality and globalization. Some chapters discuss future growth areas, such as inheritance, the links between inequality and macro-ecomics and finance, and the distributional implications of climate change. They also update empirical advances and major changes in the policy environment.
- Author BiographySir Tony Atkinson is Professor of Economics at Oxford University and Fellow of Nuffield College, where he was Warden from 1994 to 2005. He is a Fellow of the British Academy and has been President of the Royal Economic Society, of the Econometric Society, of the European Economic Association, and of the International Economic Association. He was knighted in 2001 for services to economics and is Chevalier de la Legion d'Honneur. Francois Bourguignon is Director of the Paris School of Economics and Professor of Economics at the Ecole des hautes etudes en sciences sociales. Among his many distinctions is the Chevalier de L'Ordre Nationale de la Legion de l Honneur.
- PublisherElsevier Science & Technology
- Date of Publication29/12/2014
- SubjectFinance & Accounting
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- Content Noteillustrations
- Weight4354 g
- Width191 mm
- Height235 mm
- Spine114 mm
- Edited byAnthony Atkinson,Francois Bourguignon
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $103.88Trending at AU $107.88
- AU $68.00Trending at AU $80.61
- AU $166.94Trending at AU $169.05
- AU $98.79Trending at AU $107.96
- AU $104.89Trending at AU $106.36
- AU $49.79Trending at AU $52.07
- AU $78.00Trending at AU $88.81
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.