All listings for this product
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $46.25Trending at AU $49.65
- AU $3.73Trending at AU $7.41
- AU $27.04Trending at AU $31.41
- AU $70.89Trending at AU $78.37
- AU $19.24Trending at AU $24.20
- AU $22.60Trending at AU $23.15
- AU $36.89Trending at AU $46.18
About this product
- DescriptionThe second edition continues the mission of bringing together important new mathematics education research that makes a difference in both theory and practice. It updates and extends the Handbook's original key themes and issues for international research in mathematics education for the 21st century, namely: * priorities in international mathematics education research * lifelong democratic access to powerful mathematical ideas * advances in research methodologies * influences of advanced techlogies. Each of these themes is examined in terms of learners, teachers, and learning contexts, with theory development being an important component of all these aspects. This edition also examines other catalysts that have gained increased import in recent years including a stronger focus on the teacher and teacher practice, a renewed interest in theory development, an increased focus on the mathematics needed in work place settings, and a proliferation of research designs and methodologies that have provided unprecedented opportunities for investigating (and ultimately improving) mathematical teaching and learning. This edition includes ten totally new chapters; all other chapters are thoroughly revised and updated.
- Author BiographyLyn D. English is currently Professor of Mathematics Education at the Queensland University of Technology, Australia. She is an elected Fellow of The Academy of the Social Sciences in Australia, and founding editor of Mathematical Thinking and Learning: An International Journal.
- PublisherTaylor & Francis Inc
- Date of Publication01/06/2008
- SubjectEducation & Teaching
- Place of PublicationNew York
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintRoutledge Member of the Taylor and Francis Group
- Out-of-print date09/03/2017
- Content Note15 black & white tables
- Weight1587 g
- Width178 mm
- Height254 mm
- Spine43 mm
- Edited byDavid Kirshner,Lyn D. English
- Format DetailsB-format paperback
- Edition Statement2nd Revised edition
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.