All listings for this product
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $68.00Trending at AU $80.45
- AU $105.90Trending at AU $116.63
- AU $98.79Trending at AU $107.74
- AU $49.77Trending at AU $51.97
- AU $92.78Trending at AU $104.72
- AU $78.00Trending at AU $88.64
- AU $86.99Trending at AU $96.58
About this product
- Description* Includes nearly 4,000 linear partial differential equations (PDEs) with solutions * Presents solutions of numerous problems relevant to heat and mass transfer, wave theory, hydrodynamics, aerodynamics, elasticity, acoustics, electrodynamics, diffraction theory, quantum mechanics, chemical engineering sciences, electrical engineering, and other fields * Outlines basic methods for solving various problems in science and engineering * Contains much more linear equations, problems, and solutions than any other book currently available * Provides a database of test problems for numerical and approximate analytical methods for solving linear PDEs and systems of coupled PDEs New to the Second Edition * More than 700 pages with 1,500+ new first-, second-, third-, fourth-, and higher-order linear equations with solutions * Systems of coupled PDEs with solutions * Some analytical methods, including decomposition methods and their applications * Symbolic and numerical methods for solving linear PDEs with Maple, Mathematica, and MATLAB(R) * Many new problems, illustrative examples, tables, and figures To accommodate different mathematical backgrounds, the authors avoid wherever possible the use of special termilogy, outline some of the methods in a schematic, simplified manner, and arrange the material in increasing order of complexity.
- Author BiographyAndrei D. Polyanin, D.Sc., is an internationally renowned scientist of broad interests and is active in various areas of mathematics, mechanics, and chemical engineering sciences. He is one of the most prominent authors in the field of reference literature on mathematics. Professor Polyanin graduated with honors from the Faculty of Mechanics and Mathematics at Lomonosov Moscow State University in 1974. He received his Ph.D. in 1981 and D.Sc. in 1986 at the Institute for Problems in Mechanics of the Russian Academy of Sciences. Since 1975, Professor Polyanin has been working at the Institute for Problems in Mechanics of the Russian Academy of Sciences. He is also professor of applied mathematics at Bauman Moscow State Technical University and at National Research Nuclear University MEPhI. He is a member of the Russian National Committee on Theoretical and Applied Mechanics and the Mathematics and Mechanics Expert Council of the Higher Certification Committee of the Russian Federation. Professor Polyanin has authored more than 30 books in English, Russian, German, and Bulgarian as well as more than 170 research papers, three patents, and a number of fundamental handbooks. Professor Polyanin is editor-in-chief of the website EqWorld-The World of Mathematical Equations, editor of the book series Differential and Integral Equations and Their Applications, and a member of the editorial board of the journals Theoretical Foundations of Chemical Engineering, Mathematical Modeling and Computational Methods, and Bulletin of the National Research Nuclear University MEPhI. In 1991, Professor Polyanin was awarded the Chaplygin Prize of the Russian Academy of Sciences for his research in mechanics. In 2001, he received an award from the Ministry of Education of the Russian Federation. Vladimir E. Nazaikinskii, D.Sc., is an actively working mathematician specializing in partial differential equations, mathematical physics, and noncommutative analysis. He was born in 1955 in Moscow, graduated from the Moscow Institute of Electronic Engineering in 1977, defended his Ph.D. in 1980 and D.Sc. in 2014, and worked at the Institute for Automated Control Systems, Moscow Institute of Electronic Engineering, Potsdam University, and Moscow State University. Currently he is a senior researcher at the Institute for Problems in Mechanics, Russian Academy of Sciences. He is the author of seven monographs and more than 90 papers on various aspects of noncommutative analysis, asymptotic problems, and elliptic theory.
- Author(s)Andrei D. Polyanin,Vladimir E. Nazaikinskii
- PublisherTaylor & Francis Inc
- Date of Publication07/03/2016
- Place of PublicationBosa Roca
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintCRC Press Inc
- Content Note28 black & white illustrations, 79 black & white tables
- Weight2652 g
- Width178 mm
- Height254 mm
- Spine61 mm
- Edition Statement2nd Revised edition
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.