Handbook of Loss Prevention and Crime Prevention by Lawrence J. Fennelly (Hardback, 2012)
Brand newLOWEST PRICE
- AU $127.12Free postage
- Brand new condition
- Sold by books2anywhereuk
- See details for delivery est.
- AU $90.94+ AU $4.99 postage
- Good condition
- Sold by whattaplace
- See details for delivery est.
All listings for this product
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $9.86Trending at AU $16.88
- AU $11.51Trending at AU $18.86
- AU $24.83Trending at AU $25.37
- AU $64.07Trending at AU $75.12
- AU $31.50Trending at AU $37.08
- AU $25.48Trending at AU $28.32
- AU $9.83Trending at AU $13.35
About this product
- DescriptionThe Handbook of Loss Prevention and Crime Prevention, 5e, is a trusted resource for physical security professionals, students, and candidates for the coveted Certified Protection Professional (CPP) certification administered by ASIS International. The U.S. government recently anunced that employees will have to obtain CPP certification to advance in their careers. Edited by the security practitioner and author Lawrence Fennelly, this handbook gathers in a single volume the key information on each topic from eminent subject-matter experts. Taken together, this material offers a range of approaches for defining security problems and tools for designing solutions in a world increasingly characterized by complexity and chaos. The 5e adds cutting-edge content and up-to-the-minute practical examples of its application to problems from retail crime to disaster readiness.
- Author BiographyLawrence J. Fennelly is an internationally recognized authority on crime prevention, security planning and analysis, and on the study of how environmental factors (CPTED), physical hardware, alarms, lighting, site design, management practices, litigation consultants, security policies and procedures, and guard management contribute to criminal victimization. Mr. Fennelly was previously employed with Apollo Security, Computershare, Inc., as well as a sergeant at Harvard College, employed by the Harvard University Police Department in Cambridge, Massachusetts. He was trained as a crime prevention specialist and served in this capacity for over 21 years at Harvard. He was also the department's training officer and assistant court officer. As part of his role as an officer at Harvard, Larry also was a deputy sheriff in both Suffolk and Middlesex counties (Massachusetts). Mr. Fennelly is a frequent speaker and lecturer on CPTED, physical security, school crime, and other issues. He serves as an expert witness who works closely with attorneys in defense as well as plaintiff cases, assisting in case preparation, offering knowledgeable questions to ask the opposing side, etc. He has also done a considerable amount of consultant work throughout the United States. His experience ranges from identifying vulnerabilities to conducting security and lighting surveys, working with architects to design and implement security, and developing long range guard training programs and risk assessments of various facilities. He is also a prolific author. His titles include such well-known security books as Crime Prevention Through Environmental Design, Effective Physical Security, and Handbook of Loss Prevention and Crime Prevention.
- Author(s)Lawrence J. Fennelly
- PublisherElsevier Science & Technology
- Date of Publication09/03/2012
- SubjectSocial Issues, Services & Welfare
- Place of PublicationOxford
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintButterworth-Heinemann Ltd
- Content NoteApprox. 100 illustrations
- Weight1900 g
- Width216 mm
- Height276 mm
- Spine43 mm
- Edition Statement5th Revised edition
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.