All listings for this product
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $14.50Trending at AU $17.16
- AU $20.15Trending at AU $23.92
- AU $30.78Trending at AU $34.97
- AU $8.59Trending at AU $13.97
- AU $32.75Trending at AU $55.45
- AU $91.99Trending at AU $99.82
- AU $28.58Trending at AU $36.57
About this product
- DescriptionLow-Level Laser Therapy (LLLT) also kwn as photobiomodulation is almost 50 years old, and recently has been getting increasing acceptance from the scientific, medical, and veterinary communities. Discoveries are constantly being made about the cellular and molecular mechanisms of action, the range of diseases that can be treated is also rising, and home use LED devices are becoming common. This book compiles cutting-edge contributions from the world's leading experts in Photobiomodulation and LLLT. Chapters cover general concepts, mechanisms of action, in vitro studies, pre-clinical animal studies, veterinary applications and a wide range of clinical topics. Edited by Michael Hamblin from Massachusetts General Hospital and Harvard Medical School, aided by two prominent researchers (Marcelo Sousa and Tanupriya Agrawal), this book will appeal to anyone involved in the basic science, translational aspects and clinical applications of LLLT.
- Author BiographyMichael R. Hamblin is a principal investigator at the Wellman Center for Photomedicine at Massachusetts General Hospital, Boston, and an associate professor of dermatology at Harvard Medical School and the Harvard-MIT Division of Health Science and Technology. His research interests lie in the areas of photodynamic therapy and low-level light therapy. He has published over 284 peer-reviewed articles and is a fellow of the SPIE. Marcelo Victor Pires de Sousa holds a bachelor's degree and a PhD in physics. He is founder and chief science officer of Bright Photomedicine and is involved in the development of new products and dissemination of photomedicine. Tanupriya Agrawal obtained her MD in 2006 from Netaji Subhash Chandra Bose Government Medical College, Jabalpur, India, followed by a PhD in biomedical sciences from Creighton University, Omaha, Nebraska. She is a visiting postdoctoral fellow at Dr. Hamblin's lab at the Wellman Center for Photomedicine, Massachusetts General Hospital. She is also an trainee pathology resident at Tufts Medical Center, Boston. Dr. Agrawal has published 11 peer-reviewed articles and 12 conference proceedings, including one oral presentation.
- PublisherPan Stanford Publishing Pte Ltd
- Date of Publication05/09/2016
- SubjectMedical Nursing & Ancillary Services
- Place of PublicationSingapore
- Country of PublicationSingapore
- ImprintPan Stanford Publishing Pte Ltd
- Content Note188 black & white illustrations, 51 colour illustrations
- Weight1798 g
- Width152 mm
- Height229 mm
- Edited byMarcelo De Sousa,Michael R. Hamblin,Tanupriya Agrawal
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.