Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $30.86Trending at AU $31.45
- AU $74.23Trending at AU $76.09
- AU $35.53Trending at AU $38.80
- AU $31.86Trending at AU $37.29
- AU $10.39Trending at AU $15.38
- AU $37.61Trending at AU $38.56
- AU $26.33Trending at AU $51.27
About this product
- DescriptionThe Handbook of Membrane Separations: Chemical, Pharmaceutical, Food, and Biotechlogical Applications, Second Edition provides detailed information on membrane separation techlogies from an international team of experts. The handbook fills an important gap in the current literature by providing a comprehensive discussion of membrane applications in the chemical, food, pharmaceutical, and biotechlogy industries as well as in the treatment of toxic industrial effluents. This revised second edition has been updated and expanded with discussions of new membrane products and processes and vel applications in engineering, life sciences, and energy conversion. It also includes new chapters in the field of membrane science and techlogy covering recent advances in RO and UF, ionic liquids, natechlogy, roles of membrane in power generation, updates on fuel cells, new membrane extraction configuration, and other important topics. The handbook is equally suited for the newcomer to the field as it is for process engineers and research scientists (membralogists/membrane experts) who are interested in obtaining more advanced information about specific applications. It provides readers with a comprehensive and well-balanced overview of the present state of membrane science and techlogy.
- Author BiographyEdited by Anil Kumar Pabby is a scientific officer at Bhabha Atomic Research Centre (BARC) in India. He is associated with the activities of the Department of Atomic Energy (DAE) including research and development work. He received his PhD from the University of Mumbai, India, and did his postdoctoral work at the Universitat Politecnica de Catalunya in Barcelona, Spain. Dr. Pabby has more than 170 publications to his credit, including 20 chapters, and 2 patents on nondispersive membrane technology. He has also served as consultant to the International Atomic Energy Agency (IAEA) in Vienna, Austria. Syed S.H. Rizvi is an international professor of food process engineering in the Department of Food Science at Cornell University in Ithaca, New York. He received his PhD from Ohio State University in Columbus. Dr. Rizvi's laboratory conducts research on experimental and theoretical aspects of bioseparation processes using supercritical fluids and membranes, high-pressure extrusion with supercritical carbon dioxide, physical and engineering properties of biomaterials, and novel food processing technologies. Dr. Rizvi has published over 160 technical papers and coauthored or edited 6 books. He serves on the editorial board of several journals and holds 7 patents. Ana Maria Sastre Requena is a professor of chemical engineering at the Universitat Politecnica de Catalunya in Barcelona, Spain, where she has been teaching chemistry for more than 35 years. She received her PhD from the Autonomous University of Barcelona and did her postdoctoral research work at the Laboratoire de Chimie Minerale de l'Ecole Europeenne des Hautes Etudes des Industries Chimiques d'Estrasbourg in France. Her areas of research include solvent extraction, solvent impregnated resins, and membrane technology. Dr. Sastre has published over 200 journal articles and presented more than 80 papers in international conferences. She holds 6 patent applications and is a reviewer of many international journals.
- PublisherTaylor & Francis Inc
- Date of Publication20/04/2015
- SubjectIndustrial Chemistry & Manufacturing
- Place of PublicationBosa Roca
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintCRC Press Inc
- Content Note532 black & white illustrations, 51 colour illustrations, 160 black & white tables
- Weight3016 g
- Width216 mm
- Height279 mm
- Spine51 mm
- Edited byAna Maria Sastre Requena,Anil K. Pabby,Syed S. H. Rizvi
- Edition Statement2nd Revised edition
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.