All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionHandbook of Microalgal Culture is truly a landmark publication, drawing on some 50 years of worldwide experience in microalgal mass culture. This important book comprises comprehensive reviews of the current available information on microalgal culture, written by 40 contributing authors from around the globe. The book is divided into four parts, with Part I detailing biological and environmental aspects of microalgae with reference to microalgal biotechlogy and Part II looking in depth at major theories and techniques of mass cultivation. Part III comprises chapters on the ecomic applications of microalgae, including coverage of industrial production, the use of microalgae in human and animal nutrition and in aquaculture, in nitrogen fixation, hydrogen and methane production, and in bioremediation of polluted water. Finally, Part IV looks at new frontiers and includes chapters on genetic engineering, microalgae as platforms for recombinant proteins, bioactive chemicals, heterotrophic production, microalgae as gene--delivery systems for expressing mosquitocidal toxins and the enhancement of marine productivity for climate stabilization and food security. Handbook of Microalgal Culture is an essential purchase for all phycologists and also those researching aquatic systems, aquaculture and plant sciences. There is also much of great use to researchers and those involved in product formulation within pharmaceutical, nutrition and food companies. Libraries in all universities and research establishments teaching and researching in chemistry, biological and pharmaceutical sciences, food sciences and nutrition, and aquaculture will need copies of this book on their shelves. Amos Richmond is at the Blaustein Institute for Desert Research, Ben--Gurion University of the Negev, Israel.
- Author BiographyAmos Richmond is at the Blaustein Institute for Desert Research, Ben--Gurion University of the Negev, Israel.
- PublisherJohn Wiley and Sons Ltd
- Date of Publication25/11/2003
- SubjectLife Sciences: General
- Place of PublicationOxford
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintBlackwell Science Ltd
- Content Note36
- Weight1230 g
- Width188 mm
- Height266 mm
- Spine37 mm
- Edited byAmos Richmond
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $17.90Trending at AU $23.55
- AU $62.03Trending at AU $75.38
- AU $32.88Trending at AU $36.70
- AU $37.69Trending at AU $48.07
- AU $30.58Trending at AU $37.48
- AU $17.45Trending at AU $19.79
- AU $44.07Trending at AU $51.53
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.