All listings for this product
Save on Textbooks
- AU $39.95Trending at AU $54.70
- AU $69.88Trending at AU $71.60
- AU $18.90Trending at AU $23.23
- AU $32.44Trending at AU $38.31
- AU $53.34Trending at AU $56.23
- AU $28.48Trending at AU $29.68
- AU $45.07Trending at AU $52.29
About this product
- DescriptionSharply focused, up-to-date information on microbial biofertilizers--including emerging options such as Piriformospora indica and Matsutake The Handbook of Microbial Biofertilizers provides in-depth coverage of all major microbial biofertilizers (rhizobia, arbuscular mycorrhizal fungi, and cyabacteriaas well as new and emerging growth promoters (endophytes). It examines the role of microbes in growth promotion, bioprotectors, and bioremidiators, and presents protocols and practical strategies for using microbes in sustainable agriculture. An abundance of helpful charts, tables, and figures make complex information easy to access and understand. In this first-of-its-kind volume, contributors from 11 countries and several continents address important issues surrounding microbial biofertilizers, including: * the rhizobium-host-arbuscular mycorrhizal tripartite relationship * mycorrhiza as a disease suppresser and stress reducer * mycorrhiza helping bacteria * the impact of functional groups of soil microorganisms on nutrient turver * PBPRs as biofertilizers and biopesticides * the potential of wild-legume rhizobia for use as a biofertilizers * the expanding role of blue-green algae in sustainable agriculture * the role of microbial fertilizers in sustainable plant production * new and emerging endophytes * the commercial potential of biofertilizersIn this young century, the use of biofertilizers is already growing rapidly. It has been recognized that these environment-friendly bioprotectors, growth boosters, and remediators are essential for soil/plant health. The Handbook of Microbial Biofertilizers is designed to fit the expanding information needs of current and future biotechlogists, microbiologists, botanists, agromists, environmentalists, and others whose work involves sustained agriculture.
- PublisherTaylor & Francis Ltd
- Date of Publication01/11/2005
- SubjectAgriculture & Farming
- Place of PublicationAbingdon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintFood Products Press,U.S.
- Content Noteillustrations
- Weight1088 g
- Width152 mm
- Height229 mm
- Spine42 mm
- Edited byMahendra Rai
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.