All listings for this product
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $14.50Trending at AU $17.06
- AU $20.15Trending at AU $23.77
- AU $72.88Trending at AU $77.22
- AU $32.75Trending at AU $55.12
- AU $91.99Trending at AU $99.23
- AU $30.78Trending at AU $34.76
- AU $29.99Trending at AU $31.93
About this product
- DescriptionIt is ironic that those whose job it is to save lives often find themselves injured in the course of performing their duties. In fact, according to the Bureau of Labor Statistics, healthcare workers have higher injury rates than agriculture workers, miners, and construction workers. The Handbook of Modern Hospital Safety, Second Edition covers exposure paradigms and offers solutions and models of protection for these individuals, presenting the latest science and intervention strategies that have proven successful in the scientific community. Extensively revised, this second edition explores a host of hazardous conditions that are faced by healthcare workers in today's hospitals, including: * infection and infectious diseases * back injuries * needlesticks * workplace violence * slip, trip, and fall injuries * ergomic issues * electrocautery smoke * toxic drugs * ethylene oxide * aldehydes * pentamidine * ribavirin In this long-awaited update to William Charney's seminal work, experts from leading hospitals, universities, and health organizations explore these health risks and suggested preventive measures, discuss recent research and new information on techlogy to protect workers, cover new legislation and regulations, and provide insight into the philosophy of creating a safe hospital culture.
- Author BiographyWilliam Charney has been a safety director/officer in healthcare for over 20 years. He has published 7 books in the field and 15 peer-review articles. He is presently the Safety Coordinator for Washington Hospital Services in Seattle.
- PublisherTaylor & Francis Inc
- Date of Publication21/07/2009
- SubjectMedicine: General
- Place of PublicationBosa Roca
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintCRC Press Inc
- Content Note316 black & white illustrations, 221 black & white tables
- Weight2290 g
- Width178 mm
- Height254 mm
- Edited byWilliam Charney
- Format DetailsSewn
- Edition Statement2nd Revised edition
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.