All listings for this product
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $3.76Trending at AU $7.37
- AU $27.80Trending at AU $30.75
- AU $21.76Trending at AU $26.80
- AU $29.31Trending at AU $31.85
- AU $70.90Trending at AU $79.91
- AU $13.99Trending at AU $15.68
- AU $26.39Trending at AU $26.97
About this product
- DescriptionHandbook of Nasafety: Measurement, Exposure and Toxicology, written by leading international experts in nasafety, provides a comprehensive understanding of engineered namaterials (ENM), current international nasafety regulation, and how ENM can be safely handled in the workplace. Increasingly, the importance of safety needs to be considered when promoting the use of vel techlogies like ENM. With its use of case studies and exposure scenarios, Handbook of Nasafety demonstrates techniques to assess exposure and risks and how these assessments can be applied to improve workers' safety. Topics covered include the effects of ENM on human health, characterization of ENM, aerosol dynamics and measurement, exposure and risk assessment, and safe handling of ENM. Based on outcomes from the NANODEVICE initiative, this is an essential resource for those who need to apply current natoxicological thinking in the workplace and anyone who advises on nasafety, such as professionals in toxicology, occupational safety and risk assessment.
- Author BiographyKai Savolainen is Research Professor, Nanosafety Research, at the Finnish Institute of Occupational Health. He obtained his Dr. Sci. degree in medicine and surgery from the University of Helsinki in 1981, and his Ph.D. degree in toxicology from the University of Kansas, USA, in 1987. His research covers inflammatory and genetic effects, and risk assessment of nanomaterials. He has served in numerous scientific expert committees, and has led several large research consortia on nanosafety. He also coordinates the EU NanoSafety Cluster, a platform of all EU FP-funded nanosafety projects.
- PublisherElsevier Science Publishing Co Inc
- Date of Publication02/01/2014
- SubjectClinical Medicine: Professional
- Place of PublicationSan Diego
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintAcademic Press Inc
- Content NoteIllustrated
- Weight800 g
- Width152 mm
- Height229 mm
- Spine25 mm
- Edited byDerk Brouwer,Kai Savolainen,Markus Berges,Martie van Tongeren,Qinglan Wu,Ulla Vogel
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.