All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionThis book provides a means for the accurate identification of over 190 families and 2220 genera of flowering plants cultivated out-of-doors in gardens in rth-west Europe and in other geographical regions with a similar climate, including parts of North America. The text is an abridged version of The European Garden Flora, published in six volumes, and constitutes a handy single volume digest that considers familes and genera, but t species. A key to all the families is provided and, for each of the families, a key to the genera within it. Scientifically rigorous descriptions of families and genera follow, including information on the number of constituent genera or species, and details of geographical distribution. Illustrations of genera from most of the major families are included to aid accurate identification.
- Author BiographyJames Cullen is Director of Stanley Smith (UK) Horticultural Trust. He has a wealth of horticultural experience, having spent 17 years as Deputy Regius Keeper at the Royal Botanic Garden, Edinburgh, UK and 24 years as chief editor of The European Garden Flora.
- PublisherCambridge University Press
- Date of Publication19/07/2001
- SubjectLife Sciences: Botany
- Place of PublicationCambridge
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintCambridge University Press
- Content Note100 b/w illus.
- Weight860 g
- Width152 mm
- Height228 mm
- Spine33 mm
- Edited byJames Cullen
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US)
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $12.99Trending at AU $19.32
- AU $61.30Trending at AU $73.53
- AU $12.82Trending at AU $13.83
- AU $36.79Trending at AU $38.16
- AU $50.16Trending at AU $55.69
- AU $20.18Trending at AU $24.51
- AU $26.40Trending at AU $33.66
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.