All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionWidely regarded as the definitive reference, this handbook brings together foremost authorities on posttraumatic stress disorder (PTSD). Diagstic, conceptual, and treatment issues are reviewed in depth. The volume examines the causes and mechanisms of PTSD on multiple levels, from psychological processes to genes and neurobiology. Risk and resilience processes are addressed across development and in specific populations. Contributors describe evidence-based assessment and treatment approaches as well as promising emerging interventions. The integrative concluding chapter identifies key unanswered questions with important implications for science and practice. New to This Edition *Reflects major research advances and the new diagstic criteria in DSM-5. *Chapters on the dissociative subtype of PTSD, child assessment, couple and family therapies, and group treatments. *Chapters on research methods, Internet-based interventions, telemental health, and implementation of best practices. *Many new authors and extensively revised chapters.
- Author BiographyMatthew J. Friedman, MD, PhD, was Executive Director of the National Center for PTSD, White River Junction VA Medical Center, for almost 25 years. He now serves as Senior Advisor to the Center and remains Professor of Psychiatry and of Pharmacology and Toxicology at the Geisel School of Medicine at Dartmouth College. In 2014 he helped to establish the National PTSD Brain Bank, a collaborative effort of the National Center for PTSD and other leading academic and research institutions. Dr. Friedman is a Distinguished Lifetime Fellow of the American Psychiatric Association, past president of the International Society for Traumatic Stress Studies (ISTSS), and past chair of the scientific advisory board of the Anxiety and Depression Association of America (ADAA). He chaired the American Psychiatric Association's DSM-5 Work Group that developed diagnostic criteria for PTSD and related disorders. He is a recipient of the ISTSS Lifetime Achievement Award, among many other honors. Terence M. Keane, PhD, is Director of the Behavioral Sciences Division of the National Center for PTSD, Associate Chief of Staff for Research at the VA Boston Healthcare System, and Professor of Psychiatry and Assistant Dean for Research at Boston University School of Medicine. Dr. Keane is past president of ADAA, ISTSS, and the Division of Trauma Psychology of the American Psychological Association (APA Division 56). He is a recipient of the ISTSS Lifetime Achievement Award, among many other awards. Patricia A. Resick, PhD, ABPP, is Professor in the Department of Psychiatry and Behavioral Sciences at Duke University Medical Center. She was Director of the Women's Health Sciences Division of the National Center for PTSD at VA Boston Healthcare System from 2003 to 2013. Dr. Resick has served on the editorial boards of nine scientific journals, as Associate Editor of the Journal of Consulting and Clinical Psychology, and as president of ISTSS and of the Association for Behavioral and Cognitive Therapies (ABCT). She is a recipient of awards including the Robert S. Laufer Memorial Award for Outstanding Scientific Achievement from ISTSS, the Leadership Award from the Association for VA Psychologist Leaders, the Outstanding Contributions Award for Educational/Training Activities from ABCT, and the Lifetime Achievement Award from APA Division 56.
- PublisherGuilford Publications
- Date of Publication29/07/2014
- SubjectPsychiatry & Clinical Psychology: Professional
- Place of PublicationNew York
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintGuilford Publications
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations, black & white tables, figures
- Weight1428 g
- Width178 mm
- Height254 mm
- Spine41 mm
- Edited byMatthew J. Friedman,Patricia A. Resick,Terence M. Keane
- Edition Statement2nd Revised edition
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $68.00Trending at AU $81.40
- AU $166.94Trending at AU $170.82
- AU $105.90Trending at AU $118.00
- AU $98.79Trending at AU $109.01
- AU $104.89Trending at AU $107.40
- AU $49.76Trending at AU $52.58
- AU $92.78Trending at AU $105.95
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.