All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionThis definitive clinical reference comprehensively reviews the most advanced methods for assessing the person in pain. The field's leading authorities present essential information and tools for evaluating psychosocial, behavioural, situational, and medical factors in patients' subjective experience, functional impairment, and response to treatment.
- Author BiographyDennis C. Turk, PhD, is the John and Emma Bonica Professor of Anesthesiology and Pain Research and Director of the Center for Pain Research on Impact, Measurement, and Effectiveness at the University of Washington School of Medicine. His research focuses on the assessment and treatment of a range of chronic pain conditions, clinical trial design, comparative effectiveness research, subgroup identification and treatment matching, and coping and adaptation. Dr. Turk is a recipient of the John C. Liebeskind Award for Career Contribution to Pain Research from the American Academy of Pain Management and the Wilbert E. Fordyce Clinical Investigator Award from the American Pain Society. Ronald Melzack, PhD, is Professor Emeritus of Psychology at McGill University. Dr. Melzack developed the McGill Pain Questionnaire, a widely used measurement tool for research on pain in human subjects. In recognition of his breakthrough research on pain, Dr. Melzack has received numerous awards from groups including the Canadian Psychological Association, Canadian Pain Society, Canada Council for the Arts, American Academy of Pain Management, and American Society of Regional Anesthesia. In 2009, he was inducted into the Canadian Medical Hall of Fame.
- PublisherGuilford Publications
- Date of Publication14/01/2011
- SubjectClinical Medicine: Professional
- Place of PublicationNew York
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintGuilford Publications
- Content NoteIllustrations
- Weight1144 g
- Width178 mm
- Height254 mm
- Spine30 mm
- Edited byDennis C. Turk,Ronald Melzack
- Format DetailsPaper over boards
- Edition StatementNew edition
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $17.95Trending at AU $23.55
- AU $32.88Trending at AU $36.70
- AU $37.69Trending at AU $48.07
- AU $30.58Trending at AU $37.48
- AU $44.08Trending at AU $51.53
- AU $23.80Trending at AU $32.83
- AU $16.92Trending at AU $21.72
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.