All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionThe second edition of this book is created to assist the clinician in the initial response to the needs of a child or adult exposed to a poisous or injurious plant. It lists common plants that might lead to the development of the symptom complex and describes the mechanisms of action of the implicated toxin, additional clinical manifestations, and specific therapeutics for each presentation. It has methodically enhanced the previous edition's botanical rigor with insights from both pharmacogsy and clinical medicine to make it a truly comprehensive source for anyone who has an interest in plants.
- Author BiographyMichael J. Balick, Ph.D., F.L.S.: Specialist in Ethnobotany and Economic Botany, Medicinal and Toxic Plants, and Tropical Botany. Vice President for Botanical Research and Training, The New York Botanical Garden. He has written or edited 14 books and over 100 scientific papers on the subject of useful and harmful plants as well as serving as a Past President of the Society for Economic Botany. He is on the adjunct faculties of Columbia, Yale, New York University, and The City University of New York. Lewis S. Nelson, M.D., FACEP, FACMT: Board certified in both Emergency Medicine and Medical Toxicology at New York University School of Medicine and the New York City Poison Control Center, in New York City. He is an editor of the 7th Edition of Goldfrank's Toxicologic Emergencies, published by McGraw-Hill and considered by many as the flagship reference text in the field of medical toxicology. Richard Shih M.D., FACEP: Board certified in both Emergency Medicine and Medical Toxicology. Currently the Director of Residency Training Program in Emergency Medicine at Morristown Memorial Hospital in Morristown, NJ.
- Author(s)Lewis S. Nelson,Michael J. Balick,Richard D. Shih
- PublisherSpringer-Verlag New York Inc.
- Date of Publication17/07/2007
- SubjectLife Sciences: Botany
- Place of PublicationNew York, NY
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintSpringer-Verlag New York Inc.
- Content Notebiography
- Weight473 g
- Width127 mm
- Height203 mm
- Spine18 mm
- Introduction byAndrew T. Weil
- Foreword byL.R. Goldfrank
- Edition Statement2nd ed. 2006. Corr. 2nd printing 2007
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $17.90Trending at AU $23.55
- AU $62.03Trending at AU $75.38
- AU $32.88Trending at AU $36.70
- AU $37.69Trending at AU $48.07
- AU $30.58Trending at AU $37.48
- AU $17.43Trending at AU $19.79
- AU $44.07Trending at AU $51.53
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.