All listings for this product
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $61.30Trending at AU $73.48
- AU $82.00Trending at AU $99.31
- AU $36.78Trending at AU $38.13
- AU $50.16Trending at AU $55.65
- AU $33.33Trending at AU $36.24
- AU $25.08Trending at AU $33.89
- AU $19.84Trending at AU $29.50
About this product
- DescriptionPolitical sociology is the interdisciplinary study of power and the intersection of personality, society and politics. The field also examines how the political process is affected by major social trends as well as exploring how social policies are altered by various social forces. Political sociologists increasingly use a wide variety of relatively new quantitative and qualitative methodologies and incorporate theories and research from other social science cognate disciplines. The contributors focus on the current controversies and disagreements surrounding the use of different methodologies for the study of politics and society, and discussions of specific applications found in the widely scattered literature where substantive research in the field is published. This approach will solidly place the handbook in a market niche that is t occupied by the current volumes while also covering many of the same theoretical and historical developments that the other volumes cover. The purpose of this handbook is to summarize state-of-the-art theory, research, and methods used in the study of politics and society. This area of research encompasses a wide variety of perspectives and methods that span social science disciplines. The handbook is designed to reflect that diversity in content, method and focus. In addition, it will cover developments in the developed and underdeveloped worlds.
- Author BiographyDr. Leicht is a professor in the Department of Sociology and the co-director of the Iowa Center for Inequality Studies at the University of Iowa. He was the chair of the Organization, Occupation, and Work section of ASA from 2005-2006. Dr. Jenkins is a Professor of Sociology and Political Science and an associate at the Mershon Center for International Security at the Ohio State University. He was the chair of the Political Sociology section of ASA from 1995-1996. Both are members of the Sociological Research Association, an invited group of academics in sociology.
- PublisherSpringer-Verlag New York Inc.
- Date of Publication04/12/2009
- SubjectPolitics: General & Reference
- Series TitleHandbooks of Sociology and Social Research
- Place of PublicationNew York, NY
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintSpringer-Verlag New York Inc.
- Content Note5 black & white illustrations, 10 black & white tables, biography
- Weight1389 g
- Width178 mm
- Height254 mm
- Spine36 mm
- Edited byJ. Craig Jenkins,Kevin T. Leicht
- Format DetailsLaminated cover
- Edition Statement2010
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.