Save on Textbooks
- AU $26.38Trending at AU $37.71
- AU $53.09Trending at AU $58.40
- AU $28.52Trending at AU $29.22
- AU $28.02Trending at AU $30.32
- AU $30.98Trending at AU $39.61
- AU $11.31Trending at AU $14.70
- AU $25.62Trending at AU $32.55
About this product
- DescriptionKwledge of the properties of plastics is essential for designing products, specifying the material to be used, carrying out quality control on finished products, failure analysis and for understanding the structure and behaviour of new materials. Each class of materials has its own specific test procedures, which have developed as the material has evolved. This book concentrates on one area of testing - short-term mechanical tests. These are defined as tests of mechanical properties where the effects of long periods of time and cycling are igred. This group of tests includes hardness, tensile, compression, shear, flexing, impact and tear and in this book it is also taken to include density and dimensional measurement together with test piece preparation and conditioning. This book will be useful to all those who are already involved in the testing of polymers and it is an ideal guide to those just starting out in the field, whether in academia or industry.
- Author BiographyRoger Brown is an internationally acknowledged expert on physical testing and quality assurance of polymers. He has published more than 70 technical papers and three standard textbooks on testing. In addition, he is editor of the journal Polymer Testing and co-editor of the newsletter The Test Report. He has over 25 years experience of running the testing laboratories and services at Rapra. Roger is active on many Standards committees.
- PublisherSmithers Rapra Technology
- Date of Publication01/06/2002
- SubjectIndustrial Chemistry & Manufacturing
- Place of PublicationShrewsbury
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintRapra Technology Ltd
- Content NoteIllustrations
- Weight409 g
- Width189 mm
- Height246 mm
- Spine11 mm
- Edited byRoger Brown
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US)
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.