All listings for this product
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $82.00Trending at AU $99.54
- AU $50.16Trending at AU $55.78
- AU $33.32Trending at AU $36.33
- AU $31.72Trending at AU $33.69
- AU $19.98Trending at AU $22.99
- AU $36.16Trending at AU $49.55
- AU $26.67Trending at AU $29.78
About this product
- DescriptionPractical and insightful strategies to help children thrive in adverse living conditions Clinicians striving to intervene and provide treatment for children living under adverse circumstances often find themselves fighting a losing battle with forces beyond their control-drugs, disease, violence, and poverty-which reflect the everyday reality for these children and their families. In Handbook of Prevention and Treatment with Children and Adolescents, internationally recognized experts lay out state-of-the-art, empirically evaluated intervention strategies that deal directly with the sociodemographic forces that promote dysfunction and undermine treatment outcomes. Focusing on the issues and challenges faced by clinicians, this groundbreaking book provides practical, real-world solutions designed to mitigate the influence of negative environmental factors. Coverage includes: The destructive influence of poverty and other social ills on child development Specific intervention formats and settings-from individual treatment to school- and community-based programs Particular problem areas and psychiatric disorders Early intervention and preventive approaches for such behavioral issues as substance abuse, antisocial behavior, and sexually transmitted diseases Recommendations for treatment of specific psychiatric disorders such as depression, anxiety, eating disorders, and posttraumatic stress
- Author BiographyROBERT T. AMMERMAN, PhD, is Professor of Pediatrics at the University of Cincinnati and Staff Psychologist at the Children's Hospital Medical Center in Cincinnati. He has authored more than seventy-five papers and book chapters. Dr. Ammerman is also a Diplomate in Behavioral Psychology of the American Board of Professional Psychology. MICHEL HERSEN, PhD, is Professor and Dean of the School of Professional Psychology at Pacific University. He has authored and edited numerous books, journals, and articles in the field of assessment.
- PublisherJohn Wiley and Sons Ltd
- Date of Publication09/11/2001
- SubjectPsychology: Professional & General
- Place of PublicationNew York
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintJohn Wiley & Sons Inc
- Content NoteIll.
- Weight1164 g
- Width194 mm
- Height236 mm
- Spine37 mm
- Edited byMichel Hersen,Robert T. Ammerman
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.