All listings for this product
Save on Textbooks
- AU $56.99Trending at AU $71.40
- AU $13.75Trending at AU $17.83
- AU $29.08Trending at AU $33.28
- AU $94.90Trending at AU $96.53
- AU $69.53Trending at AU $86.07
- AU $18.54Trending at AU $23.02
- AU $29.00Trending at AU $39.16
About this product
- DescriptionThis book presents an overview of the risks involved in modern electricity production, delivery and trading, including technical risk in production, transportation and delivery, operational risk for the system operators, market risks for traders, and political and other long term risks in strategic management. Using decision making under uncertainty as a methodological background, the book is divided into four parts, with Part I focusing on energy markets, particularly electricity markets. Topics include a ntechnical overview of energy markets and their main properties, basic price models for energy commodity prices, and modeling approaches for electricity price processes. Part II looks at optimal decisions in managing energy systems, including hydropower dispatch models, cutting plane algorithms and approximative dynamic programming; hydro-thermal production; renewable; stochastic investments and operational optimization models for natural gas transport; decision making in operating electricity networks; and investment in extending energy production systems. Part III explores pricing, including electricity swing options and the pricing of derivatives with volume control. Part IV looks at long-term and political risks, including energy systems under aspects of climate change, and catastrophic operational risks, particularly risks from terrorist attacks.
- PublisherSpringer-Verlag New York Inc.
- Date of Publication27/11/2013
- SubjectEconomics: Professional & General
- Series TitleInternational Series in Operations Research & Management Science
- Series Part/Volume Number199
- Place of PublicationNew York, NY
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintSpringer-Verlag New York Inc.
- Content Note68 black & white illustrations, 81 colour illustrations, 60 black & white tables, biography
- Weight943 g
- Width155 mm
- Height235 mm
- Spine29 mm
- Edited byGeorg Ch. Pflug,Maria Th. Vespucci,Raimund M. Kovacevic
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.