Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $34.30Trending at AU $35.14
- AU $14.50Trending at AU $17.20
- AU $21.73Trending at AU $25.58
- AU $72.88Trending at AU $77.86
- AU $8.59Trending at AU $14.07
- AU $91.99Trending at AU $100.05
- AU $30.28Trending at AU $35.05
About this product
- DescriptionThis book integrates the expertise of profession- tion available on the various health concerns and als from a broad array of disciplines-anthro- subpopulations and by the numerous method- pology, health services research, epidemiology, ological complexities in compiling the neces- medicine, dentistry, health promotion, and so- sary data. Recognition of the nuances within and cial work-in an examination of rural health across rural populations, as recommended here, care and rural health research. This investiga- will allow us to provide care more efficiently tion includes an inquiry into issues that are uni- and effectively and to prevent disease or ame- versal across rural populations, such as public liorate its effects. Reliance on some of the newer health issues and issues of equity in health care. techlogies and approaches discussed here, Several chapters explore the health care issues such as distance learning and broad-based, com- that confront specified subpopulations includ- munity-wide health initiatives, will facilitate ing, for instance, migrant workers and Native disease treatment and prevention in relatively Americans, while others provide a more focused isolated areas. Ultimately, all of us must work approach to diseases that may disproportionately to ensure the availability of adequate health care have an impact on residents of rural areas, such to even the most isolated communities, for as as specific chronic and infectious diseases.
- PublisherSpringer Science+Business Media
- Date of Publication01/05/2001
- SubjectMedical Nursing & Ancillary Services
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintPlenum Publishing Co.,N.Y.
- Content Notebiography
- Weight2100 g
- Width178 mm
- Height254 mm
- Spine27 mm
- Edited byBeth E. Quill,Sana Loue
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.