Handbook of Snakes of the United States and Canada by Albert Hazen Wright, Anna Allen Wright (Paperback, 1994)
Brand newLOWEST PRICE
- AU $150.04+ AU $10.00 postage
- Brand new condition
- Sold by roxy*books
- See details for delivery est.
- AU $77.94+ AU $4.99 postage
- Good condition
- Sold by whattaplace
- See details for delivery est.
All listings for this product
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $56.99Trending at AU $70.99
- AU $13.75Trending at AU $17.73
- AU $94.90Trending at AU $97.29
- AU $29.08Trending at AU $33.09
- AU $30.74Trending at AU $36.97
- AU $23.06Trending at AU $32.76
- AU $71.09Trending at AU $85.59
About this product
- DescriptionFor years Albert Hazen Wright and Anna Allen Wright traveled extensively, attempting to observe every species of snake in North America in its natural surroundings and collecting data and live specimens. Their exhaustive research resulted in a famous two-volume sourcebook, first published in 1957. Abundantly and painstakingly illustrated by the authors, this personalized natural history organizes for ready reference a wealth of information on American and Canadian snakes. Across the two volumes of Handbook of Snakes of the United States and Canada are accounts of more than three hundred species and subspecies, accompanied by photographs, drawings, and distribution maps. Generous excerpts from the authors' field journals give the reader a vivid feeling of some of the satisfactions and conclusions of the Wrights' search. Volume I features an introductory section in which the Wrights cover snake names and such features of their biology and behavior as range, size, longevity, distinctive characteristics, color, habitat, period of activity, breeding, ecdysis, food, vem and bite, and enemies. It also includes an informative new foreword written for the 1994 reprint edition by Jonathan A. Campbell, a leading expert on snakes. The main section of Volume I comprises in-depth accounts of twenty-nine snake species, from Leptotyphlopidae (blind snakes) to Opheodrys (green snakes). Volume II includes species accounts of nineteen species, from Oxybelis (pike-headed tree snakes) to Sistrurus (ground rattlesnakes, pigmy rattlesnakes, and massasaugas), as well as a glossary and an index for both volumes
- Author BiographyAlbert Hazen Wright (1879-1970) was Professor of Zoology, Emeritus, at Cornell University. In 1955, he was awarded the Eminent Ecologist Award by the Ecological Society of America. Anna Allen Wright (1882-1964) was a recognized authority on the ecology and natural history of amphibians and reptiles.
- Author(s)Albert Hazen Wright,Anna Allen Wright
- PublisherCornell University Press
- Date of Publication28/06/1994
- SubjectPopular Science
- Series TitleComstock Classic Handbooks
- Place of PublicationIthaca
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintCornell University Press
- Content Note376, 70 maps, 306 black & white illustrations
- Weight1685 g
- Width156 mm
- Height235 mm
- Spine5 mm
- Foreword byJonathan A. Campbell
- Contained items statement2 Paperbacks
- Edition Statement1st New edition
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.