All listings for this product
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $94.99Trending at AU $106.80
- AU $68.00Trending at AU $81.51
- AU $104.90Trending at AU $118.13
- AU $98.79Trending at AU $108.21
- AU $99.99Trending at AU $107.74
- AU $92.78Trending at AU $106.06
- AU $78.00Trending at AU $87.61
About this product
- DescriptionThe Handbook of Social Influences in School Contexts draws from a growing body of research on how and why various aspects of social relationships and contexts contribute to children's social and academic functioning within school settings. Comprised of the latest studies in developmental and educational psychology, this comprehensive volume is perfect for researchers and students of Educational Psychology. Beginning with the theoretical perspectives that guide research on social influences, this book presents foundational research before moving on to chapters on peer influence and teacher influence. Next, the book addresses ways in which the school context can influence school-related outcomes (including peer and teacher-student relationships) with specific attention to research in motivation and cognition. Within the chapters authors t only present current research but also explore best-practices, drawing in examples from the classroom. With chapters from leading experts in the field, The Handbook of Social Influences in School Contexts provides the first complete resource on this topic.
- Author BiographyKathryn R. Wentzel is Professor of Human Development and Quantitative Methodology at University of Maryland, College Park. Geetha B. Ramani is Assistant Professor of Human Development and Quantitative Methodology at University of Maryland, College Park.
- PublisherTaylor & Francis Ltd
- Date of Publication28/01/2016
- SubjectEducation & Teaching
- Series TitleEducational Psychology Handbook
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- Content Note9 black & white illustrations
- Weight816 g
- Width178 mm
- Height254 mm
- Spine25 mm
- Edited byGeetha B. Ramani,Kathryn R. Wentzel
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.