All listings for this product
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $13.74Trending at AU $16.27
- AU $35.30Trending at AU $38.10
- AU $14.06Trending at AU $20.97
- AU $8.59Trending at AU $13.98
- AU $15.52Trending at AU $23.38
- AU $30.82Trending at AU $34.99
- AU $32.75Trending at AU $55.48
About this product
- DescriptionLong the province of international law, human rights w enjoys a renaissance of studies and new perspectives from the social sciences. This landmark book is the first to synthesize and comprehensively evaluate this body of work. It fosters an interdisciplinary, international, and critical engagement both in the social study of human rights and the establishment of a human rights approach throughout the field of sociology. Sociological perspectives bring new questions to the interdisciplinary study of human rights, as amply illustrated in this book. The Handbook is indispensable to any interdisciplinary collection on human rights or on sociology. This text: Brings new perspectives to the study of human rights in an interdisciplinary fashion. Offers state-of-the-art summaries, critical discussions of established human rights paradigms, and a host of new insights and further research directions. Fosters a comprehensive human rights approach to sociology, topically representing all 45 sections of the American Sociological Association.
- Author BiographyDavid L. Brunsma is an Associate Professor of Sociology/Black Studies at the University of Missouri. Keri E. Iyall Smith, Assistant Professor of Sociology at Suffolk University, is the author of States of Indigenous Movements. Brian K. Gran is a former lawyer whose comparative research examines the utilities of human rights in public and private setting. His publications have appeared in The International Journal of Children's Rights and in Child Welfare.
- Author(s)Brian K. Gran,David L. Brunsma,Keri E. Iyall Smith
- PublisherTaylor & Francis Ltd
- Date of Publication20/09/2012
- SubjectPolitics: General & Reference
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- Content Noteillustrations
- Weight885 g
- Width152 mm
- Height229 mm
- Spine36 mm
- Format DetailsLibrary binding
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.