All listings for this product
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $90.88Trending at AU $92.76
- AU $28.69Trending at AU $30.73
- AU $52.98Trending at AU $78.60
- AU $44.48Trending at AU $51.92
- AU $78.77Trending at AU $115.92
- AU $34.28Trending at AU $38.56
- AU $44.27Trending at AU $52.71
About this product
- DescriptionThe extent of experimentation with high pressures has become so great that it appears timely to publish a book in this field. The author, D. S. Tsiklis, is already kwn to persons working with high pressures as a sound reviewer and compiler, as from Bridgman's mention of him in Physics of High Pressures, Bell & Co. , 1949. The present book offers a wide scope of comparison of equipment and procedures used with high pres- sures. The original application of topics was to physics and chemistry, but it can be seen that the text material is equally useful in earth sciences and engineering. Some of the fields to which the subject matter is being ap- plied are: Synthesis of new phases under high pressures Chemical reactions under high pressures Measurements of physical properties ofmaterials under high pressures Rock mechanics Metalworking under high pressures Mechanical design associated with high pressures It is believed that this book will serve as a sound general basis for experimentation with high pressure for many years. The references in the book are up to date (1965) and large in num- ber. The illustrations can serve as assembly drawings from which detail drawings can be made; for this reason, the figures in the English edition are reproduced to larger scale than in the original Russian.
- Author(s)Daniel S. Tsiklis
- PublisherSpringer-Verlag New York Inc.
- Date of Publication26/11/2012
- SubjectMechanical Engineering
- Place of PublicationNew York, NY
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintSpringer-Verlag New York Inc.
- Content Note339 black & white illustrations, biography
- Weight979 g
- Width178 mm
- Height254 mm
- Spine26 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US)
- Edition StatementSoftcover reprint of the original 1st ed. 1968
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.