All listings for this product
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $56.99Trending at AU $71.18
- AU $13.90Trending at AU $17.77
- AU $29.08Trending at AU $33.18
- AU $30.74Trending at AU $37.24
- AU $23.06Trending at AU $32.85
- AU $71.09Trending at AU $79.99
- AU $50.05Trending at AU $66.59
About this product
- DescriptionWritten by a team of world-leading experts in the field, who have published extensively For primary care physicians, haematologists, surgeons and other healthcare professionals with an interest in thromboprophylaxis Discusses both medical and surgical thromboprophylaxis and includes all relevant guidelines for thromboprophylaxis in pregnancy Thoroughly revised and updated new edition This second edition of the Handbook of Thromboprophylaxis expands upon the role of anticoagulants in clinical practice. In addition, it summarises key papers in the field and provides evidence-based guidelines for the use of anticoagulants in routine day-to-day practice.
- Author BiographyDavid Perry MD, PLD, FRCPEdin, FRCPath, is Consultant in Haemostasis, Thrombosis and General Haematology at Addenbrooke's Hospital, Cambridge, UK, an Honorary Lecturer at the University of Cambridge, and Co-Director of the Haemophilia Comprehensive Care Centre. Prior to joining the staff at Addenbrooke's Hospital, he was Senior Lecturer in Haemostasis and Thrombosis at the Royal Free and University College Medical School (Royal Free Campus), London, UK. His interests include the molecular genetics of haemostasis and thrombosis, the rare inherited bleeding disorders and the management of patients with venous thromboembolic disease, particularly in relation to pregnancy. He has published widely in the area of haemostasis and thrombosis. He is a member of the British Committee for Standards in Haematology Task Force on Haemostasis & Thrombosis, a member of the steering group for UK National External Quality Assessment Service (Blood Coagulation) and chairs the Specialist Advisory Group for Haemophilia Molecular Genetics for UK National External Quality Assessment Service. His other interests include medical education - he is examiner for the Royal College of Physicians, Edinburgh and the Royal College of Pathologists and is the current lead physician for pathology education at Addenbrooke's Hospital. David Warwick MD, FRCS, FRCS(Orth), is Reader in Orthopaedic Surgery at Southampton University Hospitals, UK. He has been researching orthopaedic thromboembolism since 1991. This work led to a Hunterian Professorship at the Royal College of Surgeons and a doctorate from the University of Bristol. He has published 19 papers on thromboembolism in peer-reviewed journals, has written several invited articles and has presented at many national and international meetings. He is a co-author of the THRIFT guidelines (1998), and the International Consensus Statement (2001, 2006). He was Chairman of the International Surgical Thrombosis Forum Guidelines Group. He reviews papers on orthopaedic thrombosis for the Journal of Bone and Joint Surgery and is co-author of the latest edition of Apley's System of Orthopaedics. He lectures regularly on orthopaedic thromboembolism in Britain and abroad. He has been an Invited Instructor at the American Academy of Orthopaedic Surgeons and a Witness to the UK Parliamentary Enquiry into Thromboembolism. He presently sits on the National Institute for Clinical Excellence Orthopaedic VTE Guidelines Development Group. David Gozzard FRCP, FRCPath, MBA is Consultant Haematologist and former Medical Director at the North Wales NHS trust in North Wales. He has a career-long interest in coagulation and has been actively involved in thromboprophylaxis strategies around indwelling long-line catheters in the on-site North Wales Cancer Treatment Centre. He was the clinical executive lead for the Safer Patient Initiative, a UK collaboration with the Institute for Healthcare Improvement, Boston, USA, and the Health Foundation. Under his clinical leadership the trust has gained a significant reputation in the field of patient safety. As Medical Director, he is actively involved in modernisation as the executive lead and has developed considerable experience in clinical leadership, change management and policy implementation in the clinical professions. In 2007 he was successful in obtaining a fellowship award from the Health Foundation to allow him to study with the Institute for Healthcare Improvement in Boston for 12 months.
- Author(s)D. Gozzard,David Warwick
- PublisherSpringer Healthcare
- Date of Publication26/07/2011
- SubjectClinical Medicine: Professional
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintSpringer Healthcare
- Content Notebiography
- Weight130 g
- Width127 mm
- Height203 mm
- Spine5 mm
- Edited byDavid Perry
- Edition Statement2nd ed. 2011
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.