All listings for this product
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $9.86Trending at AU $16.82
- AU $11.51Trending at AU $18.80
- AU $64.07Trending at AU $74.86
- AU $28.70Trending at AU $36.95
- AU $44.96Trending at AU $47.10
- AU $24.91Trending at AU $28.23
- AU $9.83Trending at AU $13.31
About this product
- DescriptionThis book addresses the developing field of Work Disability Prevention. Work disability does t only involve occupational disorders originating from the work or at the workplace, but addresses work absenteeism originating from any disorder or accident. This topic has become of primary importance due to the huge compensation costs and health issues involved. For employers it is a unique burden and in many countries compensation is t even linked to the cause of the disorder. In the past twenty years, studies have accumulated which emphasize the social causes of work disability. Governments and NGOs such as the World Bank, the International Labor Organization, and the Organization for Ecomic Cooperation and Development have produced alarming reports on the extent of this problem for developed and developing countries. However, comprehensive book is presently available to help them address this emerging field where new kwledge should induce new ways of management.
- Author BiographyPatrick Loisel, MD, Director, Work Disability Prevention CIHR Strategic Training Program, Professor, Dalla Lana School of Public Health, University of Toronto. Johannes R. Anema, MD, PhD, Professor, Department of Public and Occupational Health, EMGO Institute for Health and Care Research, VU University Medical Center, Research Center for Insurance Medicine.
- PublisherSpringer-Verlag New York Inc.
- Date of Publication22/03/2013
- SubjectMedicine: General
- Place of PublicationNew York, NY
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintSpringer-Verlag New York Inc.
- Content Note50 black & white illustrations, 68 black & white tables, biography
- Weight1198 g
- Width178 mm
- Height254 mm
- Spine30 mm
- Edited byHan Anema,Johannes R. Anema,Patrick Loisel
- Format DetailsLaminated cover
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.