Brand newLOWEST PRICE
- AU $228.62+ AU $10.00 postage
- Brand new condition
- Sold by roxy*books
- See details for delivery est.
- AU $33.68+ AU $4.99 postage
- Good condition
- Sold by whattaplace
- See details for delivery est.
All listings for this product
Save on Textbooks
- AU $56.99Trending at AU $71.40
- AU $13.75Trending at AU $17.83
- AU $94.90Trending at AU $97.85
- AU $29.08Trending at AU $33.28
- AU $30.74Trending at AU $37.18
- AU $23.06Trending at AU $32.95
- AU $69.55Trending at AU $86.07
About this product
- DescriptionQuestions about the causes or sources of work stress have been the subject of considerable research, as well as public fascination, for several decades. Earlier interest in this issue focused on the question of whether some jobs are simply more inherently stressful than others. Other questions that soon emerged asked whether some individuals were more prone to stress than others. The Handbook of Work Stress focuses primarily on identifying the different sources of work stress across different contexts and individuals. Key Features: * Affords the most broad and credible perspective on the subject of work stress available * The editors are all prominent researchers in the field of work stress, and have been instrumental in defining and developing the field from an organizational-psychological and organizational-behavior perspective * International contributors are included, reflecting similarities and differences from around the world * Chapter authors from the United States, Canada, England, Sweden, Japan, and Australia have been invited to participate, reflecting most of the countries in which active research on work stress is taking place. The Handbook of Work Stress is essential reading for researchers in the fields of industrial and organizational psychology, human resources, health psychology, public health and employee assistance.
- Author BiographyJulian Barling is Associate Dean and Professor at the Queen's School of Business. He is responsible for rhe Ph.D,M.Sc and Research programs in the School of Business. Dr. Barling is author of of several books, including Employment, Stress and Family Functioning (1990,Wiley & Sons), The Union and Its Members: A Psychological Approach (with Clive Fullagar and Kevin Kelloway, 1992, Oxford University Press), and Changing Employment Relations: Behavioral and Social Perspectives (with Lois Tetrick, 1995, American Psychological Association), andYouth and Employment (with Kevin Kelloway, forthcoming, American Psychological Association). Dr. Barling served as co-editor (with Kevin Kelloway) of the Sage Publication series ,Advanced Topics in Organizational Behavior, is consulting editor of the Journal of Organizational Behavior, and on the editorial boards of the Journal of Occupational Health Psychology, Stress Medicine and the Canadian Journal of Administrative Sciences. From 1989-1991, he was the chairperson of the Advisory Council on Occupational Health and Safety to the Ontario Minister of Labour. In 1995 and 1997, he received the annual awards for Excellence in Research from the School of Business, Queen's University. E. Kevin Kelloway is the Canada Research Chair in Occupational Health Psychology at Saint Mary's University. He received his PhD in Organizational Psychology from Queen's University (Kingston, ON) and taught for eight years at the University of Guelph. In 1999 he moved to Saint Mary's University where he also holds the position of Professor of Psychology. He was the founding director of the CN Centre for Occupational Health and Safety and the PhD program in Business Administration (Management). He was also a founding principal of the Centre for Leadership Excellence at Saint Mary's. An active researcher, he is the author/editor of 12 books and over 100 research articles and chapters. He is a Fellow of the Association for Psychological Science, the Canadian Psychological Association and of the Society for Industrial/Organizational Psychology. Michael R. Frone is Research Associate Professor, Department of Psychology, State University of New York at Buffalo. He is also Senior Research Scientist, Research Insititue on Additctions, State University of New York at Buffalo. Dr. Frome is Associate Editor of the Journal of Occupational Health Psychology. He is on the editorial boards of five refereed journals, and is the author of numerous articles. He is co-editor (with Julian Barling, APA forthcoming) of Psychology of Workplace Safety.
- PublisherSAGE Publications Inc
- Date of Publication26/10/2004
- SubjectPsychology: Professional & General
- Place of PublicationThousand Oaks
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintSAGE Publications Inc
- Content NoteIllustrations
- Weight1406 g
- Width177 mm
- Height254 mm
- Spine32 mm
- Edited byE. Kevin Kelloway,Julian Barling,Michael R. Frone
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.