Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $56.99Trending at AU $71.40
- AU $13.75Trending at AU $17.83
- AU $94.90Trending at AU $97.85
- AU $29.08Trending at AU $33.28
- AU $30.74Trending at AU $37.18
- AU $23.06Trending at AU $32.95
- AU $69.55Trending at AU $86.07
About this product
- DescriptionThe American edition of this handbook contains concise informa- tion on the basic physical properties of the elements and on their chem- ical characteristics. In general, the data selected for inclusion in the handbook are those which either agree well with calculated data (in those cases where calculations could be carried out) or satisfy various correlations, particularly those based on concepts of the distribution of valence electrons of isolated atoms in the formation of a condensed state, as electrons localized at atomic ions in the form of energetically stable configurations, and as nlocalized electrons. The Russian edition was published in the USSR in 1965, and new or previously omitted data have been added to all the sections of the present edition. In addition, the authors have considered it necessary to include a series of new sections. Thus, a new table has been included, Electronic Configurations and Ground States of Free Atoms and Their Ions, since, in the ionization of some atoms (particularly for transition metals), the electrons are t always abstracted from the outer shell, and, consequently, calculation of the ground state (electron energy level) using the usual vector model does t give a direct result. The ground states are obtained experimentally and the table contains the corresponding data on the configurations and states of triply-ionized atoms (which is usually sufficient).
- Author(s)G. V. Samsonov
- PublisherSpringer-Verlag New York Inc.
- Date of Publication23/03/2012
- Place of PublicationNew York, NY
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintSpringer-Verlag New York Inc.
- Content Notebiography
- Weight1373 g
- Width152 mm
- Height229 mm
- Spine47 mm
- Edition StatementSoftcover reprint of the original 1st ed. 1968
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.