All listings for this product
Save on Textbooks
- AU $24.61Trending at AU $33.26
- AU $17.87Trending at AU $21.24
- AU $43.44Trending at AU $44.49
- AU $34.88Trending at AU $37.13
- AU $25.92Trending at AU $34.15
- AU $70.00Trending at AU $73.39
- AU $36.24Trending at AU $40.09
About this product
- DescriptionIn this book, the authors present current research in the study of the gender differences, socio-cultural influences and health implications of body image. Topics include muscle dysmorphia as an expression of cultural and social standard influence; a cross-national examination of body image and health behaviours in Jordan and the United States; body image and sexuality in breast cancer survivors; body dissatisfaction among African American, Asian American, and Latina women; mens' body image; eating and body-related disorders among men; mass media's effect on body image and eating disturbances; transferring personal body kwledge in adolescents; body image investment and self-regulation of weight control behaviours; explicit and implicit anti-fat attitudes; feminism and body image; dietary habits, exercise and body image; gender difference modulation in a body-selective region in the brain; body image improvement after cosmetic surgery by evaluating postural changes; body image and quality of life of women with polycystic ovary syndrome; and evaluation of ideal and acceptable body shapes in older adults.
- PublisherNova Science Publishers Inc
- Date of Publication19/06/2013
- SubjectSocial Issues, Services & Welfare
- Place of PublicationNew York
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintNova Science Publishers Inc
- Content Noteillustrations
- Weight1050 g
- Width180 mm
- Height260 mm
- Edited byJanet A. Keels,Leroy B. Sams
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.