Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $3.76Trending at AU $7.39
- AU $27.82Trending at AU $30.93
- AU $19.24Trending at AU $26.96
- AU $28.03Trending at AU $32.03
- AU $71.17Trending at AU $80.06
- AU $13.99Trending at AU $15.78
- AU $25.16Trending at AU $27.13
About this product
- DescriptionThe World Social Forum (WSF) has become the focus for a diverse array of movements advancing alternative visions of globalisation. The numerous WSF's have helped to connect activists in an increasingly dense network of advocates for radical social change. They have mobilised hundreds of thousands of people and may be one of the most important political developments of our time. The Handbook of World Social Forum Activism brings together leading scholars of the social forum process from North America and Europe. The collection contributes to the ongoing process of reflection from the WSF experience, and is accessible to activists, students and scholars alike.
- Author BiographyJackie Smith is Associate Professor of Sociology and Peace Studies at the University of Notre Dame. Ellen Reese is Associate Professor of Sociology at the University of California-Riverside. Scott Byrd is a Ph.D. candidate in Sociology at the University of California, Irvine Elizabeth Smythe is a professor of political science at Concordia University College of Alberta in Edmonton, Alberta.
- Author(s)Elizabeth Smythe,Ellen Reese,Jackie Smith,Scott Byrd
- PublisherTaylor & Francis Ltd
- Date of Publication20/03/2015
- SubjectSociology & Anthropology: Professional
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight680 g
- Width156 mm
- Height234 mm
- Spine25 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (UK)
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.