All listings for this product
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $20.74Trending at AU $23.46
- AU $30.21Trending at AU $34.66
- AU $7.99Trending at AU $14.03
- AU $21.13Trending at AU $25.62
- AU $72.88Trending at AU $77.98
- AU $91.99Trending at AU $98.05
- AU $8.59Trending at AU $14.03
About this product
- DescriptionThis volume of the Handbook adds five new chapters to the science of rare earths. Two of the chapters deal with intermetallic compounds. An overview of ternary systems containing rare earths, transition metals and indium - Chapter 218 - opens the volume. It is followed by Chapter 219 sorting out relationships between superconductivity and magnetism. The next two chapters are dedicated to complex compounds of rare earths: Chapter 220 describes structural studies using circularly polarized luminescence spectroscopy of lanthanide systems, while Chapter 221 examines rare-earth metal-organic frameworks, also kwn as coordination polymers. The final Chapter 222 deals with the catalytic activity of rare earths in site-selective hydrolysis of DNA and RNA.
- Author BiographyGschneidner has published over 485 journal articles and chapters in books and edited or written 40 books on the chemistry, materials science, and physics or rare earth materials. He was the founder of the Rare-earth Information Center and served as its Director for 30 years. Professor J-C.G. Bunzli is a physical-inorganic and analytical chemist by training and an active researcher in the field of co-ordination and supramolecular chemistry of rare-earth ions. His research focuses mainly on designing self-assembled functional edifices containing rare-earth ions and with predetermined photophysical and/or magnetic properties. Professor V.K. Pecharsky is an active researcher in the field of structure-physical property relationships of rare earth-based intermetallic compounds. He co-authored over 250 papers published in peer reviewed journals and as chapters in books, holds 10 patents, mostly related to preparation and processing rare earth-based alloys.
- PublisherElsevier Science & Technology
- Date of Publication26/11/2004
- Series TitleHandbook on the Physics & Chemistry of Rare Earths
- Series Part/Volume Number34
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- Weight1100 g
- Width165 mm
- Height240 mm
- Spine26 mm
- Volume editorJean-Claude G. Bunzli,Professor Karl A. Gschneidner,Vitalij K. Pecharsky
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.