All listings for this product
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $47.38Trending at AU $49.47
- AU $74.26Trending at AU $76.60
- AU $22.10Trending at AU $23.03
- AU $35.49Trending at AU $39.06
- AU $26.74Trending at AU $37.56
- AU $17.58Trending at AU $23.07
- AU $37.60Trending at AU $38.82
About this product
- DescriptionThe prophetic books of the Bible contain some of the most difficult passages in the entire Old Testament. Veteran professor Robert Chisholm guides readers through the important and often complex writings of Isaiah, Jeremiah, Lamentations, Ezekiel, Daniel, and the Mir Prophets, examining the content, structure, and theological message of each book. Rather than attempting to provide a detailed verse-by-verse commentary, this handbook focuses on the prevailing themes and central messages of the prophetic books. It considers how the message of the prophets would have been heard in their respective historical communities and considers the prophets' continuing importance for contemporary study. Now available in paperback.
- Author BiographyRobert B. Chisholm Jr. (ThD, Dallas Theological Seminary) is professor of Old Testament and chair of the department at Dallas Theological Seminary in Dallas, Texas. He is the author of Interpreting the Minor Prophets and From Exegesis to Exposition: A Practical Guide to Using Biblical Hebrew.
- Author(s)Robert B. Chisholm
- PublisherBaker Publishing Group
- Date of Publication01/10/2009
- SubjectChristianity: Bibles & Liturgy
- Place of PublicationAda, MI
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintBaker Academic, Div of Baker Publishing Group
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight703 g
- Width229 mm
- Height152 mm
- Spine28 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.