All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionThis is Handel's massive drama of human redemption and the most popular oratorio in the history of Western music. After 250 years (1741), it has the power to move listeners spiritually and musically. Drawing from both Testaments, Handel's Messiah has spawned groups of listeners dedicated to its performance. Musically, Messiah ranges from madrigal to aria, with an unvarying transparency of expression, imbued with humility and grace. Magnum Opus is a series for anyone seeking a greater familiarity with the cornerstones of Western Classical Music--operatic, choral and symphonic. Always passionate, down-to-earth, and authoritative on the works and their creators, Magnum Opus is an indispensable resource for anyone's musical library and the perfect gift for the music-lover in your life.
- Author BiographyBen Finane lives in New York City where he writes on classical music for the Newark Star-Ledger, San Francisco Chronicle, New Criterion, Stereophile, Time Out New York, and other publications.
- Author(s)Ben Finane
- PublisherBloomsbury Publishing PLC
- Date of Publication01/05/2009
- SubjectMusic & Dance
- Series TitleMagnum Opus
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintContinuum International Publishing Group Ltd.
- Weight159 g
- Width129 mm
- Height198 mm
- Spine10 mm
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $61.30Trending at AU $72.68
- AU $82.00Trending at AU $98.73
- AU $36.78Trending at AU $37.91
- AU $50.16Trending at AU $55.33
- AU $33.33Trending at AU $36.03
- AU $25.08Trending at AU $33.69
- AU $19.84Trending at AU $28.46
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.