All listings for this product
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $47.38Trending at AU $49.05
- AU $74.38Trending at AU $75.94
- AU $22.12Trending at AU $22.83
- AU $35.52Trending at AU $38.73
- AU $26.74Trending at AU $37.24
- AU $17.60Trending at AU $22.87
- AU $37.61Trending at AU $38.49
About this product
- DescriptionAn estimated 3,500 people die every day in the UK. If someone at work or their partner or close family member dies, managers and colleagues need to respond appropriately. This book breaks new ground in placing bereavement on the management agenda. It addresses some challenging questions such as: * What to say and what t to say? * How to balance the needs of the person and the job? * How do you get it right in a diverse, multi-cultural workforce? * How do you decide what time off is reasonable? * How can other people at work help, as well as avoiding making the situation worse? This book is an essential guide for anyone in an organisation who has to take responsibility in the event of death. It covers issues such as what do in the event of a sudden death at work, managing staff who are terminally ill, and practical help after death including funerals. It is a unique and constant point of reference for anyone concerned with one of the most challenging issues to be faced in the workplace.
- Author BiographyDavid Charles-Edwards is an experienced management consultant and counsellor in the field of leadership, relationships, diversity, change and loss. A former Industrial Society adviser, he has also led the personnel function in two health authorities and managed the British Association for Counselling (now BACP).
- Author(s)David Charles-Edwards
- PublisherTaylor & Francis Ltd
- Date of Publication24/03/2005
- SubjectSocial Issues, Services & Welfare
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- Content Note4 black & white tables, 1 black & white halftones, 1 black & white line drawings
- Weight544 g
- Width138 mm
- Height216 mm
- Spine13 mm
- Format DetailsB-format paperback,B-format paperback
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.