Brand newLOWEST PRICE
- AU $30.78Free postage
- Brand new condition
- Sold by the_nile
- See details for delivery est.
Nearly newLOWEST PRICE
- AU $21.95Free postage
- Like new condition
- Sold by expressbooksaustralia
- Est. delivery by 5 Oct
- AU $10.00+ postage
- Good condition
- Sold by koraleigh
- See details for delivery est.
All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionPeter Baines started out as a police officer in the mean streets of Cabramatta in the early nineties. Becoming a specialist in crime scene forensic investigations he was called upon to bring his skills to the Bali bombings in 2002. But it was the 2004 Boxing Day tsunami that forever changed the direction of his life. Helping the people of Thailand identify their dead, he met the countless children who had been left behind, orphaned, with where to go. With a colleague he decided to make a difference, and set about creating the charity Hands Across the Water, building an orphanage and raising funds to raise and educate the children. Today, Hands Across the Water has grown to support an ever increasing number of children in need, and Peter has become a well-kwn corporate speaker in demand around the world. This is Peter's story about how one kckabout Aussie bloke can change the lives of thousands by offering a hand.
- Author BiographyPeter Baines spent 22 years with the NSW Police leading teams in response to acts of terrorism and natural disasters on a scale not previously seen. As part of the leadership team that responded to Bali after the bombings in 2002 and then the Tsunami of 26 December, 2004 in South East Asia, Peter headed up multiple rotations into Thailand to help in the identification process of those who died. He was deeply touched by the number of children left orphaned by the disaster and was inspired to set up an organisation that could make a difference. In late 2005, Hands Across the Water was formed. Peter has received various awards including Australian of the Year NSW Finalist for 2010. He was the first NSW Police Officer to be awarded the Humanitarian Overseas Service Medal. He now speaks and advises many corporate organisations both nationally and internationally about leadership, and corporate social responsibility.
- Author(s)Peter Baines
- PublisherPan Macmillan Australia
- Date of Publication01/09/2011
- SubjectSocial Issues, Services & Welfare
- Place of PublicationSydney
- Country of PublicationAustralia
- ImprintMacmillan Australia
- Content Notecolour
- Weight486 g
- Width155 mm
- Height235 mm
- Spine25 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (UK)
Most relevant reviews
- chopperina16 Sep, 2012by
We can all learn something from this mans journey!
A good read. Easy to read telling of the journey this man took in his career and personal life. We can all take something away from this tale and become better people for it.
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $17.95Trending at AU $23.55
- AU $62.03Trending at AU $75.38
- AU $32.88Trending at AU $36.70
- AU $37.69Trending at AU $48.07
- AU $30.58Trending at AU $37.48
- AU $17.45Trending at AU $19.79
- AU $44.08Trending at AU $51.53
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.