All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionIt's never too soon for children to learn that violence is never okay, hands can do many good things, and everyone is capable of positive, loving actions. In this bright, inviting, durable board book, simple words and full-color illustrations teach these important concepts in ways even very young children can understand. Created in response to requests from parents, preschool teachers, and childcare providers, this book belongs everywhere young children are. Includes tips for parents and caregivers.
- Author BiographyMartine Agassi, Ph.D., is a clinical therapist with extensive experience as a behavioral consultant, counseling children and families in schools, residential facilities, foster care, and private practice. She has led workshops and group counseling in communication skills, parenting, drug and child abuse prevention, divorce, and self-esteem. Martine, her husband, and their daughter live in Fallbrook, California, with their dog Toby. Marieka Heinlen launched her career as a children's book illustrator with the award-winning Hands Are Not for Hitting. As a freelance illustrator and designer, Marieka focuses her work on books and other materials for children, teens, parents, and teachers. She lives in St. Paul, Minnesota, with her husband and son.
- Author(s)Martine Agassi
- PublisherFree Spirit Publishing Inc.,U.S.
- Date of Publication30/06/2005
- FormatBoard book
- SubjectSchool Textbooks & Study Guides : General
- Place of PublicationMinneapolis
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintFree Spirit Publishing Inc.,U.S.
- Out-of-print date06/04/2009
- Content Noteillustrations
- Weight286 g
- Width177 mm
- Height176 mm
- Spine13 mm
Most relevant reviews
- grandma7babies05 Jun, 2012by
I am using this book to teach my Pre-Schoolers about appropriate behaviour. I am seeing an improvement already after a few sessions. The children are reminding their friends what they need to use their hands for, we have added feet as a part of the process. Would recommend this book to anyone who is having an issue in this area with under 5's enjoy
Best-selling in Other Children & Young Adults
Save on Other Children & Young Adults
- AU $63.56Trending at AU $65.17
- AU $79.36Trending at AU $80.64
- AU $62.47Trending at AU $71.31
- AU $60.00Trending at AU $71.19
- AU $64.00Trending at AU $71.74
- AU $30.93Trending at AU $31.73
- AU $28.87Trending at AU $31.73